“Movies” 4 of 5 stars

Barrie, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Movies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My friends and I go to the movies just about every week and spread it out between the three theatres in Barrie. One of the Uptown theatres has recliner chairs and we love it to be able to see a movie there. However the last time we were in that particular theatre, some of the chairs were not working so it limited where you could sit. There is a bar which I have never used the bar but I'm sure some people would find it great on the nights they present the film series. On two or three occasions it has been very cold as they were having trouble with the furnace but we always go prepared to keep warm anyway. It's not flashy or posh, food is good and the entry price is amazing and the best in town. If you just want to see a movie with no frills this is the place to go.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Nancy B

Barrie, Canada
155 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 153 helpful votes
“Classic theatre experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

The Uptown Theater hosts the Barrie Film Festival and also shows many indie and foreign language films throughout the year. I particularly enjoyed seeing A Royal Affair, Renoir, Chasing Ice, and Kon Tiki here. The theatre itself is a bit of a mixed bag. It has a real rustic charm which is very endearing to me. Though It could definitely use a few upgrades (better seats). The staff are always very courteous and they have great popcorn at the snack bar ;)

Visited April 2013