“Excellent Experience at New Year's Eve” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #133 of 397 Restaurants in Barrie
Cuisines: Chinese
Barrie, Canada
“Excellent Experience at New Year's Eve”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The Dragon Restaurant has been around for years, but for some reason, I've never tried it. Was looking for Chinese food to bring in the New Year's and thought I'd give it a try. I am so glad that I did! The lady taking my order over the phone was friendly - they were busy, but she didn't rush me. She did warn that they couldn't guarantee a delivery time, but that was not a problem for me. It came far faster than I had expected with a friendly delivery man.
The food was hot, it was fresh, and it was excellent. I often worry that the meat might not be cooked well enough - especially chicken. This was well cooked - I had no worry about it. The vegetables were crisp and obviously fresh.. There was plenty of food for us. Great leftovers!!!
I will be ordering from them again most definitely - also because their price was less that the other 2 places I'd checked out and have had food from before.
The Lemon Chicken was great - nice sized pieces of lightly breaded chicken. Well cooked - nothing worse than chicken that you feel you need to cook a little more! This was moist, and tender, but definitely cooked through. They were coated in a tangy lemon sauce, not too much, but not too little either.
Egg rolls were good, the pork fried rice, the vegetables with almonds delicious, and the honey garlic ribs yummy!
Excellent food!!!