Since we had had such a good experience at the Hampton Inn in North Bay, I was hoping to go there when we went to Barrie. Since there was a group that took the last rooms at the almost last minute, I had to find another hotel---so I decided to ended up picking out the Holiday Inn Express in Barrie. It was really nice to see the continuous smiles and friendliness of EVERY single girl that was at the front desk during our stay---this really made the stay even more comfortable as one always felt at ease with these very personable people. These girls, along with the nice young waiter I commented on at Jack Astor's restaurant (which is also very close to this hotel), really left us with a good impression of Barrie and its people.
The hotel itself was pretty nice. We enjoyed the free breakfast (I was just a little disappointed to see that there was not a waffle maker---mind you, there is a pancake one). I was impressed how they had girls always sitting near and often cleaning the breakfast area. The pool and hot tub were also nice, although the pool was pretty small and it really wasn't that relaxing to be swimming and have everybody who was coming and going at the elevator often looking in at the people swimming (the pool and hot tub can all be seen when you go or leave the elevator through the bare windows that show the entire swimming and hot tub area). The location of this hotel is pretty good----you are around a lot of shopping and restaurants---Walmart, Jack Astor's, William's Coffee Pub (which is just across from the hotel, Michael's, The Source, Home Outfitters are just a few of the many places that are within walking distance of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Superior Comfort in Barrie, Ontario For the comfort and amenities you deserve, reserve a room at the pet - friendly Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites of Barrie, Ontario. Our hotel is convenient to Highway 400 to keep you connected to the attractions and businesses of downtown Barrie. Lodging here puts you minutes from exciting attractions, like a Colts game at the Barrie Molson Centre or a shopping trip Park Place, Tanger Outlets or to the 400 Market. For an exciting night out, you can visit one of the restaurants or other entertainment in the area or ask us about our free gaming package! In Barrie, you'll also find numerous outdoor attractions, such as the Georgian Downs Racetrack or fishing at Lake Simcoe. Are you traveling on business to Barrie, Ontario? Our hotel is convenient to many corporations, such as Mueller Canada Inc., Canplas Industries Ltd., Royal Victoria Hospital, Georgian College, YOM, Wolf Steel, and Can-Save. You are invited to use the computer and copy, fax and print services in the 24-hour Business Centre near our hotel's lobby. Barrie, Ontario's growing tourism calls for a versatile hotel like ours. We meet the needs of travelers by offering spacious rooms and with triple-sheeted bedding, microwaves, mini-fridges, Flat Screen Televisions and work areas with free high-speed Internet access to keep you connected while traveling in Barrie. Our hotel's Fitness Ctr, indoor pool and whirlpool ensure that you'll enjoy a relaxing stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Barrie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Barrie Hotel Barrie
- Holiday Inn Barrie
- Holiday Inn Express Barrie Ontario