We stayed at the Carriage Hills Reort for 2 nights just after Christmas, we were staying there as we travelled with freinds who have cousins in the area. We had a 1 bedroomed appartment and it was fantastic, we had 2 bathrooms 1 bedroom, and a pull out double sofa in the lounge. A large balcony. The kitchen was fully equiped with large fridge, microwave, oven and dishwasher too! only thing with this resort is you need a car as there is no shop or restaurant on site - so you need to drive about 10 mins to the local stores to get food etc. about 5 - 10 mins drive is the Horeshoe valley resort, where they have a bar, restaurant and a lot more activities - but you pay more for it - and not having seen the rooms I cannot comment on their accomodation.
all in all Carriage hills is a good resort as along as you are prepared ie have a car and stock up on supplies before arriving. There are some activites on the resort, unfortunately we missed the slight ride as we arrived too late !
enjoy your stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Condo-Suites only 1 hour north of Toronto only minutes north of Barrie. Family vacations, golf & ski getaways, romantic retreats, excellent nightly rates and more! Oversized Studio suites (400 sq ft) with private balcony and kitchenette. 1- and 2-Bedroom suites (800-1200 sq ft) with fireplace, jetted tub, balcony, laundry. On site pool, hot tub, kids pool, fitness room and activities program 7 days a week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your Carriage Hills Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carriage Hills Hotel Barrie
- Carriage Hills Barrie
- Carriage Hills Resort Barrie, Ontario