Stayed here on a timeshare exchange so really can't comment on value. This is our second time, the first being in the summer of 2003. Had 2 bedroom which is a studio and a 1 bedroom combined. Very happy with unit. Offered privacy for all. Also had full kitchen facilities as part of the 1 bedroom unit, the studio has a mini fridge only. Each unit had a king size bed and a pull out sofa. There is laundry facilities in the foyer of each studio/1 bedroom unit (ie shared between the 2 units) which came in handy.
Was March break so pool was a bit crazy but the last hour (9-10) each day reserved for adults only. Used the gym 3 times during the week, small but never more than 5 in there including wife and I. Was surprised they did not offer ski discounts at Horseshoe Valley resort but was very please to have discovered Mount St Louis as a result as this is where ski discounts were available.
My only complaint would be the lack of dining options near the resort. Options were plentiful if you took the 20 minute trek to Barrie. The kitchen facilities made up for that. Would highly recommend for a family ski trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Condo-Suites only 1 hour north of Toronto only minutes north of Barrie. Family vacations, golf & ski getaways, romantic retreats, excellent nightly rates and more! Oversized Studio suites (400 sq ft) with private balcony and kitchenette. 1- and 2-Bedroom suites (800-1200 sq ft) with fireplace, jetted tub, balcony, laundry. On site pool, hot tub, kids pool, fitness room and activities program 7 days a week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de so you can book your Carriage Hills Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carriage Hills Hotel Barrie
- Carriage Hills Barrie
- Carriage Hills Resort Barrie, Ontario