It was an awesome drive there. Lovely views, my husband and I enjoyed the whole trip very much. We travelled with 2 other couples.
The cottage type with connected rooms.
There is kitchen, tv, and even an ipod dock.
The masterbedroom also has another tv.
There is also a couch in the main area with a pull out bed.
Unfortunately we didn't have enough time to visit the pool.
But we all had so much fun.
First day we barbequed, the nice thing about this place is that there are shared bbqs, so you don't have to bring your own. very convenient.
We ended up playing poker and cooking that night.
The second day, one couple left.
We ended up buying ice cream from a very good place, I believe it was the kawartha ice cream place right close by the resort.
Same day we took advantave of a little excursion.
Horseshoe valley resort has some amazing activities.
We would have never tried it if it wasn't for the other couple (our friends).
They encouraged us and we ended up zip lining!!!! it was awesome.
I also, tried the OGO BALL , oh my that was quite the experience, i was so scared that i screamed too much... people working thought something went wrong...lol
We also did the rock climbing and mini putting and the maze.
We got back to the resort made dinner ate, played more poker. GOOD TIMES!
The next day we went for a walk/stroll around the cottage. very beautiful out back there is a small trail.
We got back made breakfast.
Another great thing about this cottage, all pots, pans, utensils, plates, dish washer, soap, washing machine, detergent. All is provided. All you have to do is bring food to cook.
Also, bathroom supplies were provided.
It was sad, but it was time leave!
The most important part is that we all had a very nice time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Condo-Suites only 1 hour north of Toronto only minutes north of Barrie. Family vacations, golf & ski getaways, romantic retreats, excellent nightly rates and more! Oversized Studio suites (400 sq ft) with private balcony and kitchenette. 1- and 2-Bedroom suites (800-1200 sq ft) with fireplace, jetted tub, balcony, laundry. On site pool, hot tub, kids pool, fitness room and activities program 7 days a week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de and Travelocity so you can book your Carriage Hills Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carriage Hills Hotel Barrie
- Carriage Hills Barrie
- Carriage Hills Resort Barrie, Ontario