“Superb” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 393 Restaurants in Barrie
Cuisines: Bistro
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The Crazy Fox Bistro brings together the best of classic and contemporary cuisine. This popular Barrie restaurant has been providing fine dining in a casual atmosphere since 1986. Award-winning chef and owner Coos Uylenbroek creates unique dishes that tantalize the senses using only the freshest ingredients available. The Crazy Fox Bistro's staff offer superior, personalized service to its many satisfied customers. It's the perfect place in Barrie to stop by after work to try a scrumptious appetizer in the cozy bar area or savour superb cuisine in the multi-level dining room for the full fine dining experience.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Had been meaning to try for years after hearing rave reviews and was not disappointed. Dined with 2 friends on a weeknight and we all loved our meals. Very high quality ingredients, cooked expertly, at reasonable prices with a casual atmosphere and attentive service. A true gem in Barrie with its excessive number of mediocre chain restaurants. A must try!!

Visited June 2014

Collingwood, Canada
“Amazing food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

My Husband and I met with his Father and lady friend for our first lunch visit and were absolutely pleased by the food, service and atmosphere. The Boston Pear salad is incredible!! My Husband really enjoyed the Caesar salad and we will definitely go back again. We were searching for new places to meet for lunch as we do often and we have found a gem.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Barrie, Canada
“Great food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

A friend and I visited this restaurant for the first time and it was a very good experience. The food was a bit more expensive than we typically go for ($20-$30 for most entrees). But the food was delicious so I don't feel bad about the price (It's not their fault I'm cheap :P). The service was also very good; the staff really try to make you feel welcome. It's definitely a great place to stop in for a nice dinner out and experience something other than a chain restaurant in Barrie.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“Good food but slightly overpriced and dated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

The best thing going for this restaurant is the food, everything on the menu is tasty and excellent. That said I find their prices a bit overpriced for what the restaurant is, the wine menu especially is way over priced, they offer only most glasses and if you want a full bottle it starts at like $60+ The atmosphere of the place is just average, the downstairs area by the bar or outside on the patio is probably best but the upstairs area is kind of dated looking and not as nice. I don't want this review to come off sounding too negative because we did have a pleasant evening there, it's just some of the things mentioned above I think is keeping this place down from being a more higher end restaurant it wants to be. I would probably go back for a beer and app but not a full meal again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Schomberg, Canada
“Always a treat to eat here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I've eating here several times with a postive experience. Today was the latest.
From something simple like the Mushroom Soup to higher end like the Breast of
Chicken you will get a meal a step above other restaurants. I recommend visting
here if you are ever in Barrie.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere