“Always a treat to eat here.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 390 Restaurants in Barrie
Cuisines: Bistro
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The Crazy Fox Bistro brings together the best of classic and contemporary cuisine. This popular Barrie restaurant has been providing fine dining in a casual atmosphere since 1986. Award-winning chef and owner Coos Uylenbroek creates unique dishes that tantalize the senses using only the freshest ingredients available. The Crazy Fox Bistro's staff offer superior, personalized service to its many satisfied customers. It's the perfect place in Barrie to stop by after work to try a scrumptious appetizer in the cozy bar area or savour superb cuisine in the multi-level dining room for the full fine dining experience.
Schomberg, Canada
“Always a treat to eat here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I've eating here several times with a postive experience. Today was the latest.
From something simple like the Mushroom Soup to higher end like the Breast of
Chicken you will get a meal a step above other restaurants. I recommend visting
here if you are ever in Barrie.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Barrie, Canada
“Our first visit to a great eatery!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

We'll we are disappointed that we have not visited this lovely restaurant before! Great service, very nice food and and cozy spot to have a great meal.
I had the mushroom soup that was simply yummy followed by the tenderloin. Cooked perfectly, I could have eaten it all again!
I would highly recommend for any occasion and look forward to my next visit!,

Visited July 2014
Barrie, Canada
“Perfect steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My family and I attended Barrielicious this week at the Crazy Fox. After several recommendations from co-workers, this was our first experience there. The setting is charming, we had a table upstairs with a great view. I ordered a steak as did my son. I don't think I've ever had such a perfectly cooked meal. It was mouth-watering. The server was lovely and really made us feel welcome and valued there. I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone.

• Visited July 2014
Creemore
“After years, what a disappointment!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We have been to the Crazy Fox several times and the food, service and amenities were very good. However, this evening started poorly, not a single premium liquor on the bar, not even a white rum. Drinks were finely decided upon and poured; my wife's gin and tonic arrived, light brown in color and tasting of ginger. Our waitress claimed she saw the color, but she still served it! Entrees and mains were good, but no attention to water. Wine was opened and the waitress poured a taste in my wife's glass, not mine, even though I ordered it! Dessert course arrived and no coffee or liqueurs were offered; no bill brought to the table. After 20+ minutes we asked for our bill. This may seem to be petty, but the Crazy Fox can do much better than this.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
CrazyFoxBistro, Owner at The Crazy Fox Bistro, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Mr. Firth:

We want to let you know that your constructive criticism is not petty, but much appreciated. We sincerely apologize for the bad experience you had during your recent visit. The server has been made aware of your comments and has been advised accordingly.

We now stock a premium rum at the bar, as you requested, in addition to all the premium vodkas, gins, scotch, etc., which we normally carry.

We do instruct our servers not to push the bill on people and make them feel they need to leave quickly, but we will make an effort in the future to try to better anticipate those who may want their bill a little sooner.

Thank you for your continued patronage and your welcomed feedback. We do hope your next visit is more in line with your expectations.
Toronto, Canada
“A Great Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Five of us enjoyed a great lunch here the other day. We were warmly greeted and seated promptly. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere, is spacious and bright. Our meals consisted of the Bang Bang Shrimp, Kale Salad, Quiche of the day, Classic Toasted Club and the Penne. All dishes were nicely presented and quite tasty. Our waitress was very attentive, polite and patient. We were here for a “family” get together and at no time did we feel rushed. I would certainly return.

• Visited June 2014