“Low price, minimal maintenance” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Express Inn Barrie Ontario

Save Saved
You added Howard Johnson Express Inn Barrie Ontario to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Express Inn Barrie Ontario
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   150 Dunlop Street West, Barrie, Ontario L4N 1B2, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Barrie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Brantford, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Worst hotel I have ever been in. The room looked like no one had used it in months. It was dusty and smelt like smoke even though it was non smoking. We found 3 spiders in the bathroom and a centipede in one of the beds. The shower tub handle was broke. The door to the room has to be slammed just to close and locks don't work on it. Pick any another hotel if you can.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Barrie
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Driving up to the building I was pleased with what I saw. The desk clerk was friendly but required me to pay up front at check in (have always paid at check out at other places I have stayed). The moment I unlocked the door and before I had chance to set down my bags the phone in the room was ringing. When I answered it I was told it was a courtesy call from the front desk asking me if the room was ok. Since I had just opened the door and then made a dash for the phone, I had not had time to take a look around and told the person on the other end of the phone that the room was find. After hanging up the phone and looking around I instantly regretted my answer. There were stains on the dirty looking carpet, stains on the fabric chairs, writing on the ceiling in black magic marker. My husband pulled back the covers to reveal a brown stain on the pillow case and a big cigarette burn hole in the sheets of our non smoking room. A section of the carpet under a desk had not been vacuumed or cleaned in a long time as there was not only lint & hair but also balled up garbage. The counter top in the bathroom was hanging off the wall and there was hair in the bathtub. After seeing all this we lifted the edge of the mattress to make sure there were no bedbugs and there was hair there also. It was the dirtiest room I have ever stayed in and would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Been to Howard Johnson Express Inn Barrie Ontario? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Express Inn Barrie Ontario

Address: 150 Dunlop Street West, Barrie, Ontario L4N 1B2, Canada
Location: Canada > Ontario > Barrie
Beach Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Barrie
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Howard Johnson Express Inn Barrie Ontario 1.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Wyndham, Venere, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Howard Johnson Express Inn Barrie Ontario reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Express Inn Barrie Ontario Hotel Barrie

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Express Inn Barrie Ontario, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.