“good” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Barrie
“good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Big Chris's was good they gave you lots of food for the price. The service was pretty good I would go back.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Bradford West Gwillimbury, Canada
“Great BBQ Ribs at Big Chris's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We heard about Big Chris's Ribs and sandwiches and decided to give it a try for lunch. We were told to go early because around 1230 starts to get busy..Arrived at 1130 am and ordered the Rib and Wing combo to share between my husband and myself. The Side Ribs were delicious and meaty. The wings were a good size and the honey garlic mustard sauce was really good. Nice fresh home made fries. Side order of beans were good. The coleslaw was just ok. I couldn't imagine eating it all by myself. I heard good things about the pulled pork and beef brisket sandwich. Will have to try that next time. The service was good. Staff really friendly. We would definitely go back again

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic Find !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

11 of us were in Barrie for a ski trip. We stayed at a nearby hotel and just happened to find Big Chris's BBQ on Yelp. We decided to give it a try. Plenty of space to seat all of us. While we were deciding what to eat, the server approached us an offered to put on a buffet style selection for us for only 10 bucks a head, including beverage. We agreed.

They brought our sliders of pulled pork, chicken and brisket along with poutine, fries,chicken fingers and nachos and a Caesar salad. There was SO much food. And it was fantastic. There was so much food we had to take home 6 take out containers !!!!

Chris is a great guy - very friendly and his staff is attentive and happy. Give it a try - you and your appetite will not be disappointed !!!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Barrie, Canada
“Nice find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Went there last Sunday night after googling bbq places in town, and am so glad I did! My husband and I both ordered the pulled pork sandwich "combo". We ordered the "full" sandwich and it was practically the size of a football. The pork was delicious! Tasty smokey flavour and quite moist. Fries were fresh cut, which I loved. Coleslaw is vinegar based, which I prefer. My husband didn't quite like the beans, but I loved them (and I usually HATE beans). They had a little bit of a garlicky flavour (I think). Price was SUPER reasonable. Paid $33.00 for 2 football-sized sandwiches, 2 side fries, beans and coleslaw, 1 side gravy, and 2 bottles of pop. Only downside was that food was a teensy bit cold, but in their defence, it was almost closing on a cold Sunday night in February.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
“NOT IMPRESSED WHAT-SO-EVER”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband and I had a gift certificate from Xmas time and thought we would go and finally try Big Chris's smokehouse. We went on Sat. night the 12th of January.My husband ordered the full brisket sandwich with the fries beans and coleslaw,and I ordered the wings and fries.My husband enjoyed the sandwich and beans, but was not impressed by the fries and coleslaw. I tried the coleslaw and it was very bad. No flavour,very bland and obviously not homemade at all.I had the honey garlic wings. I asked the girl if they were good wings and she replied oh ya ,they were suppose to be larger and better than most wings. Well I very much disagree. They were awful,hardly no honey garlic on them and very bland and small. Also I had 2 wings that were still raw when I took a bite.I would have brought it back up to the counter but we took our meal home and I was not about to go back and waste my gas and money.the fries are ridiculous, not homemade at all.I would recommend people to seriously think before spending big dollar at Big Chris's. It cost us 30.11.What a disappointed. I won't be returning. I would rather go to Swiss Chalet and enjoy my meal and for less money.

• Visited January 2013