“lunch buffet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SPICE

SPICE
16 Dunlop Street East, Downtown Barrie | East of Five Points, Barrie, Ontario L4M 1A3, Canada
+1 705-734-2544
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #46 of 397 Restaurants in Barrie
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: SPICE Indian Cuisine and Wine Bar serves the Best Indian Food in Barrie, Ontario.
Innisfil, Canada
“lunch buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

very nice lunch buffet, excellent naan bread....service was a little slow to begin...got a wagjag deal...glad I tried it

Visited June 2012
BIJAY S, Owner at SPICE, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thanks for your kind review. It's great to hear that you've enjoyed everything we have to offer. "Excellent" is what we like to see! There's nothing better than hearing back from our satisfied customers, so the team will be thrilled to see this. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Barrie, Canada
“Always a favourite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you want amazing Indian food this the perfect place in Barrie. It's where we take all our out of town guests

Visited July 2012
BIJAY S, Owner at SPICE, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thanks for your kind review! "Perfect" is what we strive for, so your review brings a smile to my face. I appreciate all you have to say. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you have guests in town!

Toronto, Canada
“Consistently Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We have enjoyed all of our meals at SPICE about the half dozen times that we have eaten there in the past year. We would go more often but we do not live in or near Barrie so we don't get there as often as we would like to, usually passing through to the summer cottage north of Barrie. The Butter Chicken and the Naan Bread are better than any Toronto Restaurants we have checked out. The staff has also been wonderfully welcoming each time.
SPICE food is so delicious that you find yourself still thinking about it days later! To us, that is a sign of a great meal. Each time we return, the meal is even better than we remembered it.
We hope that SPICE has a long reign in Barrie and look forward to many more meals there.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
BIJAY S, Manager at SPICE, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thanks for reviewing us, Catharine. "Consistently great" is what I like to hear! Providing consistent quality is our primary concern, so your review will make the team very happy. It's also great to hear that our staff has been "wonderfully welcoming" towards you. Customer service is very important to us!

We look forward to serving you many more meals. See you next time!

Barrie, Ontario, Canada
“It's Awesomeeeee!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My friend was about to get me a Burger or sandwich for the lunch, but i insisted on going to spice & hence we went to spice. As usual, right from the beginning everything went awesome. To be specific, as usual, service was outstanding . I've been to spice for many times (Dinner & lunch)& i never dislike any of Spice food. let it be vegetarian dish or non-vegetarian dish or dessert or mango lassi or any, Its always exceptional & even today its the same. Overall, me and my friend had an awesome time over there with delicious food.

I will be moving to an other location soon, & hence i will be Missing "SPICE".

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
BIJAY S, Manager at SPICE, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Patron,

Thank you very much for your review. We really appreciate your continued patronage. We are really glad that you and your friend enjoyed the food. We are very sad to know that you are moving to another city. Should this be for your career, we wish you all the best and we will be missing you.

Look forward to see you whenever you will travel back to Barrie.

Regards,
Barrie, Canada
“Best Indian Food in Barrie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My wife and I have thrice enjoyed Spice and were thoroughly impressed on each occasion. The flavours are rich and spiced perfectly to taste. I prefer my dishes to be very spicy and SPICE never fails to oblige and exceed my expectations. The 'Dinner for Two' is our dinner of choice. The Lamb Vindaloo is excellent and the cashew gravy in the Khum Matar Paneer absolutely the best I have ever had. The appetizer platter is delicious, although could include a larger serving of naan.

I am always hesitant to award 'Best Ever' status to a restaurant, however I can say with confidence that SPICE is the best Indian restaurant in Barrie. Further, I would say, albeit controversial, that SPICE is the better than any Indian restaurant I have enjoyed in Toronto and I have had what are commonly referred to as the very best the city has to offer. Quality food was something I have missed after moving to Barrie and the discovery of SPICE has been enriching.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
BIJAY S, Manager at SPICE, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Patron,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and we really appreciate your continued patronage. It helps us to grow and be better & better. We are really glad that you like our food and setting of dinner for two. We always think from our customer's angle and create menu. We use very high quality ingredients (spices) to create a flavor that is unique and delicious to please our customers's taste buds. Our Chefs are always happy to customize dishes to customer's spice level of comfort.

Look forward to see you again.