“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Il Buco Ristorante

Il Buco Ristorante
31 Dunlop Street East | #101, Barrie, Ontario, Canada (City Center)
+1 705-735-9595
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Buco Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 391 Restaurants in Barrie
Neighborhood: City Center
Cross street: Bayfield
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Great atmosphere, service and location. Very flexible seating (patio or inside). We had the mussels in white wine sauce, veal with shrimp & mushrooms and handmade ravioli. I asked our server for a $40 wine recommendation...boy did she know her wine list. Great wine at a more than reasonable price. Would definitely recommend and visit again.

Niagara Falls, Canada
“Excellent service, and very good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We went to Il Buco last night, and were lucky enough to get a table on the patio, even though we didn't have a reservation. Our waiter, Russell, was attentive, and personable, and added to the experience. We had starters of mussels, lemon shrimp, then split the pasta bolognese, which was more than enough for the two of us. We also had a bottle of Aresti Sauvignon Blanc which went well with the seafood. Would definitely recommend this restaurant, and would go back again.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ocean Grove, Australia
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

On what was a special occasion, my boyfriend and I decided to go to Il Bucco for a romantic dinner. I ordered the Pollo Florentina, a chicken breast dish. It looked quite nice, with a creamy sauce... However after trying to cut through the chicken breast and finding it jelly-like, I discovered it was almost completely raw. I had unfortunately eaten a couple of bites from the smaller end, and after seeing that the rest was raw I felt quite ill. My boyfriend alerted the waitress to it and she was suitably horrified and she took it away immediately. They did ask if I'd like to order something different at that point but I honestly felt queasy at that point so I chose not to eat afterall. The manager brought a small tiramisu to the table for my boyfriend and I to share free of charge, and they removed the chicken dish from the bill, but the wine we had ordered to enjoy with our meals was still expensive and the night still cost quite a lot. They also gave us a $10 voucher to use there another time, but quite frankly we don't want to go back.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Il Buco R, Owner at Il Buco Ristorante, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Hello Johanna,
I am the person who spoke with you Friday night and I certainly want to apologize again for the very unfortunate mistake we made with your dinner. I cannot apologize enough to correct the fact that it happened but if there is anything we can do to make it up to you please contact me directly at ilbuco@live.ca.
Regards,
Sue Varga
Owner
Barrie, Canada
“Excellent Italian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Excellent Italian food, exceptional service and a very nice atmosphere. Great View of Kempenfelt Bay from their Patio in Summer.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Aurora, Canada
“Very Nice Quiet Italian Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Super food, delightful wait staff. This is a nice special occasion couples restaurant, perfect for a quiet dinner. You can ask for roses to be delivered to the table when you do the reservation if you are celebrating something special. The roasted garlic is fantastic!

Visited December 2013