“OMG what was that!!!! Checked out early!! No questions asked” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Horseshoe Resort

You added Horseshoe Resort to your Saves list
Horseshoe Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1101 Horseshoe Valley Road West, Barrie, Ontario L4M 4Y8, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Barrie
“OMG what was that!!!! Checked out early!! No questions asked”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

When I seen the wag jag package for this resort! I thought wow! Perfect! A great family getaway for a family of 6 before going back to school! I did research before booking this package so I thought I would be staying in a renovated condo! NO WAY! The guy at the front desk said all 8 were taken, so I got the oldie one!!! Maybe in 1970 it look great, the parking had less stains on the pavement! Than our carpet did!!! It was so disgusting we had to leave our shoes on the whole time! The kitchen was sick! The dishes looked like they were never washed, fridge was room temp, main bedroom only sheets on it! Wallpaper peeling everywhere! Walls filthy!! Bathrooms had to shower with flip flops on etc etc All activities closed down at 6 so in bed or watch tv in the room was all to do!! Totally needs a huge facelift , including pool area and some more entertainment!!! What a waste of money sooooo disappointed

• Stayed August 2014
Lisa R, Manager at Horseshoe Resort, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to post your impressions.

We have been making consistent investments in the resort as we continue to renovate and improve these units.

I was sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with your stay and I do hope you return once the units are reconditioned.

Lisa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We stayed in one of the 2 bedroom "Slope Side" condo's Aug 9th & 10th and we were very disappointed in the property overall. Specifically, the condo was discussing and the decor very dated and banged up, probability looked great in 1979 however it is long overdue for an update. The carpet was covered in stains and no one in my family would even walk on the floor without slippers. The bath rooms were also very dated and tired looking but more importantly, both bathrooms looked “unclean”. When my 13 year old son tells me “it’s not too clean here dad” believe me, his standard is not set too high.
When I mentioned my concerns at check out, they instantly told me they would take 25% off the room rate of about $300 which was appreciated however when checking my bill in the car, they had ADDED $50.00 so I had to go back to the front desk to get it corrected.
I have placed some pictures so you can judge for yourself....

Lisa R, Manager at Horseshoe Resort, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to post your impressions.

I was sorry to hear you were disappointed in your stay and I sincerely apologize for the mix up with your invoice.

Please give me a call at the resort to discuss.

Lisa R
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

4 of us came to the Horseshoe resort after purchasing a wagjag deal for the adventure park.
I should have done my homework better. I should have just booked a room for less money since we were not able to use any of the facilities due to lack of time and ability. Our rooms were nice, overlooking the golf course, and we could enjoy the sunset from there. Beds were comfy and bathroom is great with a big shower. 2 of us enjoyed the spa facilities for massages and a pedicure, although they were rather pricey, which I guess is to be expected.
We ate at the Crazy Horse restaurant out on the balcony which was lovely. The service and food were good. Breakfast was a hot buffet in the hotel. Very good selection for a decent price of $14.
One thing we noticed was that no matter how many staff we passed in halls or outside they all welcomed us or said hello or even stopped to chat as we were waiting for the elevator. Very friendly. Lorna at the concierge desk was especially helpful and friendly as we passed.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Lisa R, Manager at Horseshoe Resort, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and posting your review.

I was delighted with your comments regarding the shizen spa, accommodations, the crazy horse restaurant, staff and service. I have shared your comments with the rest of the Horseshoe team.

I look forward to you returning and experiencing the adventure park.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

When I think resort, I think high quality, up to date, well kept. We had a condo for 2 nights which was in MAJOR MAJOR need of repair and renovation. It included everything we needed, full kitchen, dishwasher, laundry but I couldn't get passed the feeling that everything FELT dirty. Having the screened it balcony was great though the carpet was torn to shreds & the chairs are cheap & uncomfortable. The beds were comfy. Pool loungers were amazing and our view overlooking the hill was great. The pool by the condos needs a major overhaul though it has a nice new deck. The adventure park was good, we got a day pass for the kids which we thought was priced right and the zip lining is worth the price of admission. My husband golfed & found a great price on golfnow.com but said it's pretty basic & wouldn't pay for a regular green fee. They've obviously put the money into the adventure park & not accommodations. None of us appreciated being awoken to horrible music blaring through the tree speakers at 9am one morning and the next the sound of construction while a backhoe and trucks did whatever they were doing outside our window (and our view). If I wanted to hear construction, I'd've stayed in the city. Fun for the kids, if they could bring the accommodations up to par of the adventure park it'd be worth the stay.

Stayed August 2014
Lisa R, Manager at Horseshoe Resort, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your impressions.

We have been making consistent investments in the resort as we continue to renovate and improve. We have renovated the top floor of the two bedroom condo building along with the stairwells & elevator and we will be moving forward with further renovations. All of our guest rooms in the hotel are completely renovated.

I was delighted you enjoyed your time in the adventure park with your family, found the unit to have everything you needed including comfortable beds.

I will follow up on your comments regarding music and construction as there wasn't any construction scheduled for August.

Oshawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We enjoyed two nights at the Horseshoe Resort with our young children. Service was terrific, especially Ivan at the front desk. So helpful and friendly! Meals at Crazy Horse restaurant were pretty good and service was fast. I enjoyed that the Adventure Park was open to the public and that you didn't necessarily have to pay for all the activities if you didn't want to. Zipline was fun. Pony ride great! $5 for 5 minutes. Definitely need to have more staff for Euro Bungy so that the line up isn't as long. Surprised that there was only a shower and not a bathtub, though it was fine for the most part. Also would have liked towels in the pool area. Fabulous spa services-Christopher is an amazing masseuse! We had a great time.

Lisa R, Manager at Horseshoe Resort, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking a moment to post your review.

I was thrilled to hear you enjoyed a great family getaway and found the service of our team to be terrific! I will share all of your comments with the Horseshoe Team, specifically wiith Ivan and Christopher.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We had to ask multiple times for tickets and supper supplies which were supposed to be included. Lines were way too long at adventure park. We waited for some rides for up an hour. Pools were very cold.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Lisa R, Manager at Horseshoe Resort, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to post your review.

I apologize that you were disappointed with your experience and will follow up with your comments. Our Adventure Park has had lots of action with all of our activities and adventures.

Please feel free to give me a call to discuss.

Woodbridge, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

My husband, three sons and I spent this past weekend at Horseshoe. I can't say enough about the staff...extremely friendly and professional. The hotel and grounds were clean and it is a gorgeous property, but the website is very misleading. I was under the impression that all the things on your Adventure Park video were included, but very sadly, found that very little was in fact included. My older kids were too big for the Euro-Bungee and only one zip-line ticket was included. Even if we wanted to spend the extra money for zip-lining, tree trekking, segways, bikes and buggies, we couldn't because everything was fully booked. :( If I had been told by the person on the phone to book ahead, the experience would have been so much better. What could have been a wonderful, exciting weekend ended up being boring. Very sad. We spent a heck of a lot of money to pretty much sit around the hotel lobby all weekend.

The weather was awful on Saturday (no fault of Horseshoe obviously) and everything at the Adventure Park was closed. I wish there were some indoor activities for my little guy. Maybe a movie day in one of the conference rooms would have been a nice idea for rain days. There is only so much swimming a kid can do and that's the only option he had on Saturday.

Again, I appreciate the great service and beautiful hotel, but at over $800 for two nights, I was very disappointed in general.

Lisa R, Manager at Horseshoe Resort, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and posting your review.

I really appreciate your comments regarding our staff, our service and the resort grounds.

I sincerely apologize for your experience and would like to discuss this with you further, please give me a call at the resort.

Lisa

Been to Horseshoe Resort? Share your experiences!