“Great service!” 4 of 5 stars

Quality Inn
Save Saved
You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Hart Drive, Barrie, Ontario L4N 5M3, Canada (Formerly Travelodge Barrie)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2 Trips, 1 Night Free*
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Barrie
“Great service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel was overall pretty good, and the checking in was fine. There was no elevator pointed out to us, so I had to walk the stairs while still recovering from my broken foot (I didn't have to come and go often, so I just sucked it up). The pool looked clean and relaxing and the complimentary breakfast nook was surprising! I expected some cereal dispensers, bread and a toaster, but I was able to make my own waffles, have some tasty juice, and when I was in a hurry to leave, they didn't look twice at me walking up to my room with my toast in my mouth.
The important parts of the room were clean, and the television was great! It would have been nice if the fridge was on when we got there, as it was warm, and had a strange smell. The bathroom was cleaned, but there was a wall beside one of our beds which was covered in what looked like grease or residue from smoking, even though they had told us not to smoke in the room. We opted for the bed by the window, which was fine since it was the two of us. They even accommodated us with our strange requests regarding checkout, and seemed to know the area well when we asked for directions.
I would stay here again, even based solely on customer service.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very good service. Quite place kids loved the pool. Me and the wife enjoyed the hot tub very clean rooms and spacious awsome location.. was 10 minutes from the beach downtown.. loved that it was by the 400

• Stayed August 2014
Mike R, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We are so very glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

We look forward to serving you again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Overall the hotel offered all I needed while on business in the Barrie area. It is conveniently located next to the 400 Highway. The staff were very friendly and eager to assist. Breakfasts were good. I found the rate to be great.

Stayed August 2014
Mike R, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We are pleased to have met your needs! Being the newest brand in Barrie we have been doing our best to let the business travellers know we are here!

We hope to serve you again soon.
Mattawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Furniture, headboard and lamps very dusty, stains on carpets, long hairs on bathroom floor, tub surround did not look clean and very dull. Did not find this hotel to be very clean, and very outdated. Would not recommend or stay at this hotel again, especially not for the price I paid.

Stayed August 2014
Mike R, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
I am very sad to see this review. I apologize for the lack of care on our part. Obviously we dropped the ball on this room and your experience.

We need to look into this stay, and make sure we learn and improve from it.

Sincerest apologies.
Whitby
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

The hotel was ok, but were re modelling some of the rooms so can be a little noisy. The hotel is located near the highway so you get a lot of people that are just stopping by and don't really care about what kind on noise they make. We had a work crew partying underneath us who kept partying to the wee hours of the night even after we called the front desk. The dudes were huge so I think they intimidated the staff so we just had to leave our tv on through out the night to help drown out the drunken yelling and banging. The free breakfast they advertise is ok but the eating area is really small and it was full of drunken/ high road people. Its ok if u just grabbing something to go but don't stay and eat in. Our biggest problem was the stinky pool. When we were in it I smelt garbage and wondered where the smell was coming from. If you look at the sides of the pool and smell the liner you will get the answer. PU!!!! The pool liner is just covered in filth. The smell was so bad that we had to take several showers to wash away the smell. I have no idea why they don't clean it but it stank really bad and you don't smell it until your in it. So I would not recommend this hotel if you have a family or like clean pools.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Mike R, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
After seeing this review, we obviously investigated. We have never had this complaint. The Pool and Hot Tub are cleaned and inspected daily. Our maintenance crew assures me the pool is in very good condition and it is used hundreds of times a week without complaint.

I can only conclude that this was a one off situation, and I sincerely apologize for your experience.

Again, we will continue to monitor this situation
Binbrook, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

We stayed here Aug 2/14. We received our first room that had such a strong smell my children would not go into the room. When asked if we could have another room I was told they were completely full. I stated everyone checking in could not have check in by now and that would give them time to air out the room (which ended up being strong perfume from the previous customers) I understand that is not their fault however the attitude I received by requesting an alternate room was highly unprofessional. We did end up getting a new room, and as I always do I check the sheets before I crawl into bed. There was a huge mud stain right in the middle of the fitted sheet. First of all, who makes a bed and leaves a sheet like that...poor housekeeping. When I complained to the front desk they brought me a new fitted sheet and left ME TO MAKE THE BED MYSELF. I brought the sheet to the front desk to show them the stain and was received with a oh ya. Would not, will not, stay here ever again.!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Mike R, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
I am glad that you took the time to review this situation. We can only learn from this. As you stated it is hard to factor in for another guest's perfume, however we should have handled the situation much better.

We hope you will gain trust back in our brand in the future and we do apologize.
Tilbury, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

The hotel is easily accessed off 400 at Dunlop St and within easy reach of downtown. There are several hotels located in this stretch just off the 400. The rooms are a good size, clean and comfortable. My room had a defective air conditioner so they promptly moved me and upgraded me to a business room. Quite comfortable and quiet with a decent breakfast included in the price. Would stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Mike R, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are taking a look at the maintenance of our air conditioners. I am happy we were able to make the switch for you and make it comfortable.

We look forward to serving you again.

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!