“poor customer service” 1 of 5 stars

Quality Inn
Save Saved
You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Hart Drive, Barrie, Ontario L4N 5M3, Canada (Formerly Travelodge Barrie)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2 Trips, 1 Night Free*
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Barrie
Binbrook, Canada
“poor customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

We stayed here Aug 2/14. We received our first room that had such a strong smell my children would not go into the room. When asked if we could have another room I was told they were completely full. I stated everyone checking in could not have check in by now and that would give them time to air out the room (which ended up being strong perfume from the previous customers) I understand that is not their fault however the attitude I received by requesting an alternate room was highly unprofessional. We did end up getting a new room, and as I always do I check the sheets before I crawl into bed. There was a huge mud stain right in the middle of the fitted sheet. First of all, who makes a bed and leaves a sheet like that...poor housekeeping. When I complained to the front desk they brought me a new fitted sheet and left ME TO MAKE THE BED MYSELF. I brought the sheet to the front desk to show them the stain and was received with a oh ya. Would not, will not, stay here ever again.!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Mike R, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 16, 2014
I am glad that you took the time to review this situation. We can only learn from this. As you stated it is hard to factor in for another guest's perfume, however we should have handled the situation much better.

We hope you will gain trust back in our brand in the future and we do apologize.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Tilbury, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

The hotel is easily accessed off 400 at Dunlop St and within easy reach of downtown. There are several hotels located in this stretch just off the 400. The rooms are a good size, clean and comfortable. My room had a defective air conditioner so they promptly moved me and upgraded me to a business room. Quite comfortable and quiet with a decent breakfast included in the price. Would stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are taking a look at the maintenance of our air conditioners. I am happy we were able to make the switch for you and make it comfortable.

We look forward to serving you again.
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed for one night in July, we had a 2 queen room on the ground floor, some children running down the halls (not the hotels fault). The staff were great, very friendly. Pool was good size and hot tub was nice and relaxing after a long day. Breakfast in the morning was hot and had a good selection.

Would recommend to all.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We loved our two night stay, the staff was very nice and helpful. The room was clean and the beds comfy. Also the breakfast had a bit of everything even eggs and sausage.Pool and hot tub were clean and relaxing. The inside is well renovated and it smells clean, not like the one we stayed in the night before by mistake... the Best Western Royal Oak right next to it.... that one is a no no!

Room Tip: Excellent, we will return!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

It's was quality and it was clean. The staff was helpful and friendly. One suggestion would be to have a bank machine on the property. Overall a good experience.
The place did have a hint of smoke so if you are uber sensitive to smoke then ask to change and they will!

Stayed August 2014
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

The hotel staff was very friendlt amd helpful and answered all questions. As we were there with all friends we received some opinions and some popular activities so it would save us time on our agenda. Some of us arrived a bit before check in so we wanted to head up and just relax. The rooms were ready for us and we did not have to wait. The rooms are nice and clean with a home like comfortable feeling. Theres a swimming pool and it was a nice place to relax and have a dip. Tge hotel is located close to other facilities so we didn't need to drive far to get supplies or grab a bite to eat. The breakfast in the morning is pleasant and peaceful. Overall it was a perfect weekend getaway.

Would highly recommend it everyone..and will definitely be going back myself.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
St. Catharines, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We were traveling with family and friend and the first room we were given was filthy. We found mouldy food in one of the dresser drawers and there was a layer of dust on the coffee maker and all the surfaces. The inside of the microwave clearly hadn't been wiped down in a while. The patio door was very difficult to open due to wood rot and dirt in the tracks. The shower walls were also grimy. We asked for a different room and was originally told no. I think our 3rd trip to the front to complain let them know we truly weren't happy and weren't going to go away. When they finally decided to look at giving us another room, the front desk staff checked 2 additional rooms which they didn't offer us (which makes me wonder what they found). We were shown another room and it was much cleaner. However when we were leaving and I was doing my checking to see if we left anything behind I did find a sock that did not belong to anyone in my family. The beds were comfy and the staff was friendly but I was certainly not happy with the level of cleanliness of the rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor in the 100's is where we had problems. Also staff sit outside the door...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!