“Cool getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Hart Drive, Barrie, Ontario L4N 5M3, Canada (Formerly Travelodge Barrie)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Barrie
Mississauga, Canada
“Cool getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

The hotel staff was very friendlt amd helpful and answered all questions. As we were there with all friends we received some opinions and some popular activities so it would save us time on our agenda. Some of us arrived a bit before check in so we wanted to head up and just relax. The rooms were ready for us and we did not have to wait. The rooms are nice and clean with a home like comfortable feeling. Theres a swimming pool and it was a nice place to relax and have a dip. Tge hotel is located close to other facilities so we didn't need to drive far to get supplies or grab a bite to eat. The breakfast in the morning is pleasant and peaceful. Overall it was a perfect weekend getaway.

Would highly recommend it everyone..and will definitely be going back myself.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
St. Catharines, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We were traveling with family and friend and the first room we were given was filthy. We found mouldy food in one of the dresser drawers and there was a layer of dust on the coffee maker and all the surfaces. The inside of the microwave clearly hadn't been wiped down in a while. The patio door was very difficult to open due to wood rot and dirt in the tracks. The shower walls were also grimy. We asked for a different room and was originally told no. I think our 3rd trip to the front to complain let them know we truly weren't happy and weren't going to go away. When they finally decided to look at giving us another room, the front desk staff checked 2 additional rooms which they didn't offer us (which makes me wonder what they found). We were shown another room and it was much cleaner. However when we were leaving and I was doing my checking to see if we left anything behind I did find a sock that did not belong to anyone in my family. The beds were comfy and the staff was friendly but I was certainly not happy with the level of cleanliness of the rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor in the 100's is where we had problems. Also staff sit outside the door...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Belleville, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We booked this room for one night through Expedia, we were taking our son out of CFB Borden for a overnight visit and were traveling from over 3 hours away. We got there about half hour before check in and our room wasn't ready yet, so we left to do a few errands, the lady we dealt with was very nice and helpful about where things were. We came back about 15 mins after check in time and were told our room still wasn't ready, and likely wouldn't be for at least a half hour, the lady we dealt with then was very abrupt and unapologetic, I asked if we could have any compensation or upgrades but was told since we booked through Expedia that we got nothing. We were so tired from driving and just wanted to freshen up and change before we left for Borden, we weren't even allowed to put our stuff in the room. I used the lobby washroom and witness about 5 housekeeping staff and laundry staff standing in front of the laundry talking?? they are sold out and behind schedule and that's how the staff works?? I feel like the staff doesn't get treated well there so they don't work very hard. The lobby was full of people waiting for their rooms! We had to leave to pick up our son, so we came back to our room finally ready, no apologies, no manager talked to us, nothing!
We got into our room and found dirty dishes on top of the microwave. The room was ok, comfy beds and nice linen is about the only positive. The pool was very small looking and dated, we never used it. The air conditioner worked well but very old and missing knobs. The bathrooms were a little grungy looking.
We went for breakfast in the morning but there was no room to sit, as there is not many tables and the breakfast was set up in a tiny little room and you couldn't get to anything. We grabbed a coffee and a bagel and took it back to our room, as that's all we could manage, couldn't even get near the toaster! Also we had to get our room keys reprogramed as they didn't work that day.
When we checked out we had to wait forever, to get our room "inspected" for damage, first time I ever experienced that?? I talked to them again about the inconvenience and how we had to rearrange all our plans with our son because of them, and they refunded me $20.00, not a lot for the trouble, I feel. I also talked to some other people there that were also lived with the service that weekend.
so overall I have to say that was the most disappointing hotel stay we have ever had, I will never go back there and I would never recommend it to ANYONE!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Brampton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed a few days at the quality inn Barrie Ontario Hotel on business trip. Every hotel has a story this is ours. I out my do not disturb tag on the door in the evening knowing my husband was leaving before me and I wanted to rest a little linger before heading out. When I did head out I removed it and out it on the closet shelf. However after a long day I returned to an uncleared room dirty sheets and no towels. When I went to complain I was told my do not disturb sign was up. Yes it was in the morning but before ten o'clock it was removed so I wasn't pleased. I requested a clean room for the next day and my sheets changed. The next day my sheets were still unchanged but my room was cleaned. However the room key had to be reprogrammed every day which was a problem going to room with hands full and running back down to desk. I was told sometimes that happens. The following day sheets finally changed, but headed to bed in my pjs we noticed our tv converter was missing spent half hour searching it never showed up had to go to front desk to replace it guess that's what happens when you complain the maid gets even. Or so I suggested to front desk but they said they wouldn't do that. The one good thing about this room is the new beds which are like sleeping on a cloud very comfortable. I never was even offered a discount for all the mix ups. Breakfast started at 6:30am so husband missed it as he headed out at 6 each day. The following week we tried a new hotel and our room key worked each day.

Room Tip: Always request at front desk what cleaning you want for next day you have to ask for sheets to be ch...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Courtice, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel previously under the old franchise and it just does not compare. We went to Barrie as a quick getaway and were very surprised at the renovations that were completed at the hotel. It has been transformed and has become our favorite place. The rooms were equipped with widecreen tv's which for my soccer fan hubby was amazing!! The pool was perfect for our children they were excited to have a new treat. The hotel now has complimentary continental breakfast in the new breakfast area.

This is always a plus when travelling with children. The staff was empathetic and courtous and had our satisfaction in mind. When I had come down to get extra towels the nice gentleman at the recpetion adviseed me that I could have called and he would have had them brought to my room.

Overall the rooms were clean, well maintained and it had a nice homelike feeling. I would definately recommend to anyone wanting to stay in the Barrie area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Petawawa, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for 3 nights in pet friendly room. The carpet smelled like really old and dirty one, you could smell at the moment you walk through the door. The room was dark and unwelcoming. really poor quality of the finishing of the walls in bathroom.
we've learned that even though our room was pet friendly we would have to put our cat to the crate every time we would like to go somewhere. We were able to take her with us almost everywere 'cause a can't imagine to leave her crated for 7 or more hours when we were preparing our move from previous house.
The only good thing was patio doors from our room to the parking lot - it was helpful when we had to bring a lot of stuff from a car, but on the other side I didn't feel that my personal belongings were really safe in a room because of poor quality of the locks in those doors. (The mesh doors didn't lock at all).
Overall next time a would definietly choose different hotel. I was surprised because I've stayed before in a Quality Inn hotel in a different city and it was really nice, clean and very welcoming place

• Stayed June 2014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Hot tub wasn't working, loud rowdy kids whistling down hallways. Service was poor. When checking out was told to wait while they "examined" room for damage before I could. leave the premises. My hubby and I were celebrating our first night out without our children and were sadly disappointed with the customer service

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!