“Amazing Transformation!!” 5 of 5 stars

Quality Inn
Save Saved
You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Hart Drive, Barrie, Ontario L4N 5M3, Canada (Formerly Travelodge Barrie)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2 Trips, 1 Night Free*
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Barrie
Courtice, Canada
“Amazing Transformation!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel previously under the old franchise and it just does not compare. We went to Barrie as a quick getaway and were very surprised at the renovations that were completed at the hotel. It has been transformed and has become our favorite place. The rooms were equipped with widecreen tv's which for my soccer fan hubby was amazing!! The pool was perfect for our children they were excited to have a new treat. The hotel now has complimentary continental breakfast in the new breakfast area.

This is always a plus when travelling with children. The staff was empathetic and courtous and had our satisfaction in mind. When I had come down to get extra towels the nice gentleman at the recpetion adviseed me that I could have called and he would have had them brought to my room.

Overall the rooms were clean, well maintained and it had a nice homelike feeling. I would definately recommend to anyone wanting to stay in the Barrie area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Petawawa, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for 3 nights in pet friendly room. The carpet smelled like really old and dirty one, you could smell at the moment you walk through the door. The room was dark and unwelcoming. really poor quality of the finishing of the walls in bathroom.
we've learned that even though our room was pet friendly we would have to put our cat to the crate every time we would like to go somewhere. We were able to take her with us almost everywere 'cause a can't imagine to leave her crated for 7 or more hours when we were preparing our move from previous house.
The only good thing was patio doors from our room to the parking lot - it was helpful when we had to bring a lot of stuff from a car, but on the other side I didn't feel that my personal belongings were really safe in a room because of poor quality of the locks in those doors. (The mesh doors didn't lock at all).
Overall next time a would definietly choose different hotel. I was surprised because I've stayed before in a Quality Inn hotel in a different city and it was really nice, clean and very welcoming place

• Stayed June 2014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Hot tub wasn't working, loud rowdy kids whistling down hallways. Service was poor. When checking out was told to wait while they "examined" room for damage before I could. leave the premises. My hubby and I were celebrating our first night out without our children and were sadly disappointed with the customer service

• Stayed June 2014
London, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

We stayed here for a weekend in May.The front desk staff upon check-in was not very hospitable, however, the staff at the continental breakfast was very friendly and helpful. Although I requested a room on the ground floor, I was given a room on the second floor. There are no elevators and the stairwells are very narrow. The room was clean and comfortable but they need some updates and new paint- everything looked yellow. So the stay was alright but next time I go to Barrie I will be booking elsewhere.

Room Tip: Request ground floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
paris ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

When I last stayed at this building, it was a tired old Hotel.well,passed the time for a complete up-grade.Last September,Quality Inn took over from Travelodge, and did just that! I think that they did a pretty good job, doing so. The lobby was complely renovated, and is now a spacious,airy,aand bright area where you are greeted by the friendly front desk staff.Next to the lobby is the new breakfast area, where the focal point is the ceiling high stone fireplace, with a gas insert, and of course, all new tables, and chairs Behind the fireplace, is a little nook, where there is a small business area,and some easy chairs, where you can relax, and enjoy a cup of coffee, with the morning paper. All the corridors, and rooms have new carpeting, and the new pool area has a whirlpool bath, and the one wall is allglass,giving plenty of light into the room. My room had new beds, and bedding,and all the furniture, fixtures, drapery, and wall hangings were all brand new .Breakfast offered the bulk of the food in a separate room ,off the main eating area. The food offerings were scrambled eggs, and sausages,cereals, breads and rolls ,yogurt,wafflesd, and plenty of fresh, hot coffee.I understand that the final phase oif renovation, is to do some exterior work,which nwill include replacing the sliding doors in the ground floor rooms. This was a very pleasant stay, and I would reccommend it to all travellers, JERRY ..Paris Ontario

Room Tip: I always choose a ground floor room, away from the gym, and ice machine
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
John T, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Hi Jerry,
Thanks for the great review!! It's really nice to know that you really appreciate all the renovations and hard work we've put into converting the Quality Inn Barrie into one of the top destinations to stay at while visiting Barrie....We have also now added 42"flat-screen tv's in every room for your viewing pleasure. Please do visit us again and we are proud to have you as one of our guests.
Best Regards,
Mississauga, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Is in a very nice location and would definitely go back for more stays. My family was very content in staying here and had no complaints. It had a very at home feeling. The service was excellent and the staff is very polite and helpful. The room was clean and everything was operational. The rooms are nice and spacious and have multiple facilities.

• Stayed March 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Planned another visit to the Barrie area and stayed here like always and was very happy to see the new look. Great renos done recently and pleasant surprise of the hot continental breakfast now included, which is rare as most continentals are cold cereal and muffins. Great variety of food and everything was well stocked! Staff was pleasant as always and room our was great... New Tvs a nice surprise ! We will be back in the summer again as this place is consistently an A+ for us!

• Stayed March 2014

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!