“Disappointed.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Hart Drive, Barrie, Ontario L4N 5M3, Canada (Formerly Travelodge Barrie)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Barrie
“Disappointed.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Hot tub wasn't working, loud rowdy kids whistling down hallways. Service was poor. When checking out was told to wait while they "examined" room for damage before I could. leave the premises. My hubby and I were celebrating our first night out without our children and were sadly disappointed with the customer service

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
London, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

We stayed here for a weekend in May.The front desk staff upon check-in was not very hospitable, however, the staff at the continental breakfast was very friendly and helpful. Although I requested a room on the ground floor, I was given a room on the second floor. There are no elevators and the stairwells are very narrow. The room was clean and comfortable but they need some updates and new paint- everything looked yellow. So the stay was alright but next time I go to Barrie I will be booking elsewhere.

Room Tip: Request ground floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
paris ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

When I last stayed at this building, it was a tired old Hotel.well,passed the time for a complete up-grade.Last September,Quality Inn took over from Travelodge, and did just that! I think that they did a pretty good job, doing so. The lobby was complely renovated, and is now a spacious,airy,aand bright area where you are greeted by the friendly front desk staff.Next to the lobby is the new breakfast area, where the focal point is the ceiling high stone fireplace, with a gas insert, and of course, all new tables, and chairs Behind the fireplace, is a little nook, where there is a small business area,and some easy chairs, where you can relax, and enjoy a cup of coffee, with the morning paper. All the corridors, and rooms have new carpeting, and the new pool area has a whirlpool bath, and the one wall is allglass,giving plenty of light into the room. My room had new beds, and bedding,and all the furniture, fixtures, drapery, and wall hangings were all brand new .Breakfast offered the bulk of the food in a separate room ,off the main eating area. The food offerings were scrambled eggs, and sausages,cereals, breads and rolls ,yogurt,wafflesd, and plenty of fresh, hot coffee.I understand that the final phase oif renovation, is to do some exterior work,which nwill include replacing the sliding doors in the ground floor rooms. This was a very pleasant stay, and I would reccommend it to all travellers, JERRY ..Paris Ontario

Room Tip: I always choose a ground floor room, away from the gym, and ice machine
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
John T, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Hi Jerry,
Thanks for the great review!! It's really nice to know that you really appreciate all the renovations and hard work we've put into converting the Quality Inn Barrie into one of the top destinations to stay at while visiting Barrie....We have also now added 42"flat-screen tv's in every room for your viewing pleasure. Please do visit us again and we are proud to have you as one of our guests.
Best Regards,
Mississauga, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Is in a very nice location and would definitely go back for more stays. My family was very content in staying here and had no complaints. It had a very at home feeling. The service was excellent and the staff is very polite and helpful. The room was clean and everything was operational. The rooms are nice and spacious and have multiple facilities.

• Stayed March 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Planned another visit to the Barrie area and stayed here like always and was very happy to see the new look. Great renos done recently and pleasant surprise of the hot continental breakfast now included, which is rare as most continentals are cold cereal and muffins. Great variety of food and everything was well stocked! Staff was pleasant as always and room our was great... New Tvs a nice surprise ! We will be back in the summer again as this place is consistently an A+ for us!

• Stayed March 2014
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

The room was clean, it was decent looking. The bathroom was not fully finished, you could tell it needed some extra touches after the renovation. Definetly not worth the $120 I paid after taxes, a little lower than than would have been ok. The breakfast sitting area was tiny, look big in the picture but it's not. Ran out of milk and the breakfast area where the food is was so tiny we were crammed in there waiting for our food. Eggs were ok.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Niagara Falls, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Spent 4 nights at this hotel, first impressions were that it was a great location which I got for a great price direct from their website. While checking in I needed the addition of an additional nights stay which wasn't a problem at all, very accommodating. We were placed on a second floor room which was a smaller size, but for 2 people was fine. The friday and saturday nights were sold out with what appeared to be a hockey tournament. The hotel became busy and loud at this time but what else is to be expected in the winter on a weekend. The first 2 mornings we attempted to have the hot breakfast (between 8:30-9) and decided against it because of the massive line and lack of seating. There were only a few things that really urged me. The first being the lack of handicapped parking. For having a sold out hotel, and a few feet of snow, having one handicapped parking spot became a free-for-all. We had to ask one person to move their truck because they didn't have a sticker but "needed to plug their truck in". The second is the flooring in the lobby. Unless your shoes/boots are 100% dry, you WILL fall. I slipped once and gave myself a nice bruise on the knee from it. It is SO dangerous, so please stay on the mats. The last thing was an incident involving the wifi. My husband and myself both have laptops, phones and tabs which we were using with the wifi. On our third evening both our laptops would not connect to the internet. We tried with all our other electronics with no success. I had called down to the front desk to see if it was working down there. I was greeted with " Yes, its working down here, its working fine." Being technologically inclined, I knew all that needed to be done was to reset the router. I was told " well you have to be on the network with the strongest signal" ….obviously. Being spoken to like I was the person in the wrong is pretty sad when what your request is simply "guest service". I even went down to see if there was a wired connection to use (which there is not) The attitude I got was pretty horrible and being someone who has worked in the hospitality industry is negligent. Besides these incidents the hotel is good for the price.

Room Tip: -ask for a room close to the lobby. Since there is no elevator you have to walk down long hallways t...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!