“good for a nights stay” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Barrie
Toronto
“good for a nights stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2009

Average rooms, well maintained. A new addition appears to be almost finished. As a result there was no pool but I knew that before going. Fridge and microwave in the room was a nice bonus.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Barrie, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2008

I am going to start with the good.
The front end staff at this resort are very professional and always smiling and engaging. I say thanks to them as it makes a big difference.
The rooms were clean and spacious. The noise level was not bad at all.
Things that bothered and even may have changed my mind on staying here is the fact they are under construction and finding a parking spot was almost impossible. Where I was told to park left me worried that my car may get hit by another that night.
Second the continental breakfast left alot to be desired. Cold coffee.
I think if a property is under going reservations perhaps you should be told that on the phone.

• Liked — The Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Construction and snow removal
  • Stayed February 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2007

I had a great stay at the best western in barrie this past summer.
The front desk clerk a young girl was very pleasent and had a great smile. We were a early check in and because they were not busy from the night before she was able to move us around and get us checked in at 11 am. I appreciated the effort.
The breakfast room has a great deal of food for a continental breakfast, the rooms were clean and bright. They did have smoking rooms on the same floor as our room, but it could only be smelt outside of those rooms in that section of the hall.
Great rates, they said they were starting construction for an addition with a pool and a hot tub that will be opening next summer. Therefore I will be returning next summer if not before then!

• Liked — the cleanliness and front desk staff
  • Disliked — The hotel staff don't get paid enough for what they do!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Croydon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2007

The hotel looked good from the panaromic pictures I found on their website. And indeed it was a little gem. The staff were very friendly and obliging. The room very spacious with a fridge and microwave.

However the location was a real let-down. Situated near the junction with the highway and at the end of Dunlop Street, it has its share of sex shops, very tatty almost shanty type roads nearby and looks generally rundown. I can't believe that as this is the first glimpse tourist get of Barrie that it's not been regenerated.

My advice, get a hirecar and don't walk as we did.

Stayed January 2007
Niagara Falls, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2005

We were stranded overnight during a snowstorm and our vehicle had broken down. We spent all of our money on the room. We found this hotel to be the most reasonable in the area. My family of 4 had no personal items as we were not planning on getting stranded (just a day trip). The girl on the front desk was more than helpful! She gave us basic provisions (toothbrushes, etc.) and even opened the breakfast area late at night to give us some food to comfort us. The room was spotless and comfortable. The hotel was safe, and clean, and quiet. We will not hesitate to stay here again next time we visit Barrie. A very positive experience!

• Stayed April 2003
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2003

I stayed here in august of 2002, and was appalled by the customer service provided by both the manager and front desk clerk. they had lost our reservations for a smoking room for four adults, and then proceeded to argue with me and outright call me a liar, saying that i did not make the reservations that i said i had even though i had a confirmation number, and had confirmed my reservations 3 times! I would never stay there again, especially since there are many hotels of the same caliber in this lovely city.

• Stayed August 2002

Been to BEST WESTERN Royal Oak Inn? Share your experiences!