“Great as Always” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 377 Restaurants in Barrie
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, Wine Bar, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located on Yonge Street, close to the water and downtown core, this exciting restaurant features contemporary cuisine and an extensive wine list in a casual fine dining atmosphere. Steaks, seafood, pastas, salads, desserts are all prepared fresh daily. In the Summer they even have an on-site garden where the chefs pick fresh veggies and herbs every day. Fun and relaxed service with a casual flair, exceptional food and open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week. They provide a dining experience that makes you want to come back again and again.
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
“Great as Always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We had the whole family here for a birthday celebration last week and it was fabulous as always.

We ordered Stuffed Chicken, Seafood Pasta. Beef Short Ribs and Duck.

Stuffed Chicken - This was not amazing I wouldn't suggest this.

Seafood Pasta - Was Fantastic!!! This is definatly a must try! and we will have again! for sure!

Beef Short Ribs - Now we are Beef Short Rib experts, and these was fantastic! Must try as well.

The Duck - We were hesitant on the description of this dish, "Cinnamon crusted duck" We are not the biggest fans of cinnamon with our food , however it was just a hint. we will for sure order this again.

Overall this was a great night and amazing food! You must check out the patio and the veggie garden! ;)

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
JenLeGallais, Owner at Urban Dish Grill & Wine Bar, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Happy belated birthday! We're thankful that you chose Urban Dish to celebrate it with! We ARE sorry you didn't thoroughly enjoy the chicken but glad that, overall, you were pleased with everything. The chef is also happy that you chose to go for the duck…it's one of our most popular dishes and not always one people take the chance on. But you're right and saw what everyone else does once they try it…it's delicious. :) Thank you for taking the time to write this review and we hope to see you again soon!

“Yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We were there for my birthday this past week and I have to say this was a better visit then the one I had a few years ago which had left a bad taste in my mouth, thus the hiatus for a few years. However, we decided to give it a 2nd shot. I thoroughly enjoyed the appetizers as well as the entrees. The service was excellent at a casual pace. Ambience was excellent. Food quality top rated, presentation was superb. We did find the waiter less attentive as the night went on, however, he was quite pleasant and did do an excellent job. This isn't your big box restaurant and accordingly prices are higher. I recommend this place for peeps seeking a special dining experience. I'd recommend this place. It is interesting to read other comments regarding the cost of water. I don't recall the waiter mentioning this but I will go look for the receipt. This should be something indicated before hand but I can appreciate the response from the owner in respect to this. Most fine dining restaurants in Europe charge for a bottle of water. Once again, I will endorse this restaurant for those looking for a nice fine dining experience in Barrie. Thanks

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for giving us another chance and we're extremely happy that it sounds like we redeemed ourselves. :) Yes, we do charge for our filtered water and advertised it for a year. When the average guest was fine with it and didn't have a problem with the $1.50 charge, we stopped printing it on our menus. Take a taste test…you'll clearly see that the water IS of a much better quality. Best in Barrie I might say! :) Thank you for endorsing us and the excellent review. We hope to celebrate your next special occasion here with you and yours!
“Treat yourself”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Decided at the drop of a hat to go there with friends on a Friday night, and phoned ahead to reserve. Not a problem! The menu makes it difficult to choose, but beware, it is a bit pricey. Having said that, the portions sizes are very good and the dishes are cooked to perfection. We were seated along the wall across from the entrance. Not a bad place to be, but it is a bit drafty there...better to have a layer or two ready if you're prone to feeling temperature changes. As the title says, Urban Dish is a treat: the servers are attentive but not intrusive, the food is great, the menu varied and delectable...great anniversary or special occasion idea.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi Vince…thanks for taking the time to give us a review. And an excellent one, at that! :) We're pleased that we were able to fit you in and that you had a good time. Thanks again for the great review! Hope to see you again soon.
“Wife Test”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I brought my wife with me for my second visit in February of this year. I didn't make a reservation as it was in the middle of the week. We were seated immediately, I am sure I have never had such a pleasant experience in a restaurant. My wife has a very limited diet, but the fare here was excellent and she had only good things to say about the experience. The service was excellent, we were in no hurry so I can't say if the service was fast but we did not feel we waited long for anything. I would not bring kids here, they would not appreciate the quality. All in all a 100% evening. Well done! They passed the 'wife test' which is no small accomplishment!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks, Glen! We're happy your wife enjoyed herself and that we were able to accommodate her dietary needs. Our chefs are eager to please and welcome the challenges of some restrictions our guests have. See you again soon!
Barrie, Canada
“Well prepared, varied menu ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I took some clients in for dinner and was very pleased with the quality and presentation. Let's face it this place is not cheap but is very good quality. Overall, quite pleased.

Thanks for your review! Glad you enjoyed everything and hope you believed that you got your money's worth!