“Great rooms and service” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   81 Hart Drive, Barrie, Ontario L4N 5M3, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Barrie
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
“Great rooms and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently stayed a night at the Monte Carlo Inn in Barrie and I must say that it was much better than I had expected. We started the night by having dinner at the hotels restaurant, it was expensive but was worth it for the scenery, romantic music playing and we had the restaurant to ourselves! The food was delicious too, I can't remember what it was called but I had the pasta with shrimp, very very yummy and filling.
After eating at the restaurant we went up to our hotel room. We had booked had a big king sized bed, Jacuzzi, and fireplace. It was very romantic and beautiful. The room looked very organized and clean. The only downside to the room we had was the streetlights outside were right next to our windows, but they have thick blinds to block it out. I would defiantly recommend this to anyone who wants a relaxing stay. We will be going again soon!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Timmins, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Room was clean and modern but on the small side. Bed was very comfortable. Service was very good. Restaurant in hotel was good. Never used pool. Only complaint was the heater was off when I checked in and room temp was below 60. Heater had to run all night to get up to normal temp.

• Stayed January 2013
Close to Toronto, but not Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are not huge, but nicely appointed. The hotel is very clean and well kept. The bathroom could have used a little more counter space for my wife when she was getting ready. The electric fireplace in the room was a nice touch. The fridge in the room was nice to have, every hotel room should have one. The hotel was totally booked up with two hockey teams staying there, but the hotel was quiet over night and there were no disturbances.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

The place was nice and clean. Only bad thing was the manager, Mathew was rude and unprofessional. The hotel charged me an extra $60 for loudness. We were not that loud. Not only that they charged my credit card without telling me. If you decide to stay here make sure u have your mouth taped shut as they do not tolerate talking. Will never stay there again. Will be sure to tell my friends and family to avoid this place. Worst hotel ive been too in 40 years of my life. Travellodge down the street is much better and nice service and nice workers.

• Stayed December 2012
fricken, Manager at Monte Carlo Inn - Barrie Suites, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Thank you for writing in with your feedback. At the Monte Carlo Inn Barrie we do the best we can to offer top notch customer service which is why I charged your credit card extra. Having a party in your room until 4:30am is NOT ACCEPTABLE HERE at our hotel. The number of people you had in your in room was over double what the maximum occupancy is which is 5 people in a room. Your carelessness and no consideration for others had forced me to give the room beside yours a rather large discount which is a loss to the hotel. Why should the hotel lose money because some hotel guests have no consideration for others getting a good night sleep? Whenever we have to give a discount out for noise we do charge the customer causing the complaint for our loss of revenue and stress on our staff when people complain. Our overnight desk agent warned your room several times and we could have called the police to evict you in the middle of the night which we did not.

We will not be checking you or your party in again as you are now black flagged from this location. Please let it be known to anyone who reads this review that we do not tolerate late night noise or parties in our hotel unless it is a paid venue in our banquet space.

Kind Regards,

Matt Paul
Front Office Manager
Monte Carlo Inn Barrie
Wasaga Beach, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We booked here for the first time. It looked like a nice place on the internet. They even had a microwave. It was my birthday so it was me and 2 friends, we had some food and snacks and away we went to the bar. We got back and decided to hang out and have casual conversation. Apparently, this was not allowed! Their manager Matthew was the rudest meanist manager ive met in my life , nevermind employeee,dispicable human. He gave us a warning saying we had to be quiet. There was no music, no party, we did have the tv on as an exception. Then he came again and spoke to me like I was 2 year old child.. He claimed that there was a "baby" next door and family. Im sorry he shouldve arranged to have them moved. The next morning I had an extra $60 dollar charge on my card that I didn't authorize and sign for!....Thats Ilegal! And to top it all off she said "there was nothing we can do because matthew went home for shift." Thats not how a hotel operates bussiness by frauding peoples credit cards! Monte carlo should be a reputable hotel chain, not after today, employees like matthew paul are destroying the reputation of the company, home office should really address this employee if they want to keep their hotel chain!..

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for writing in with your comments regarding your reservation. Customer Service is very important to us which is why our staff perform constant rounds of the property during the overnight hours. First off you did not have two friends in the room and there were 5-6 friends other than yourself as my desk agent was sick that night and I worked the overnight shift myself. Your visitors were coming in and out of your room until 5:00am and the room next to you with the baby did not get any sleep. You obviously have no consideration for others and I cannot beleive you wrote in the review to "have the baby moved". We do not allow birthday parties in our guest rooms and I had to warn this room at least three times.

I did charge your credit card for the same amount of the discount I had to give out. The Monte Carlo Inn does not defraud credit cards and we charged yours for a reason. There is a signature on your registration card below the fine print where it reads you are personally liable and we can charge for damages and disorderly conduct. We will not be checking you in again and are officially black flagged at this location. This review you have written is not going to detour our guests from wanting to stay with us and get a good nights sleep because they know we are strict with parties. We thank you again for your feedback

Kind Regards,

Matt Paul
Front Office Manager
Monte Carlo Inn Barrie
Harrison, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

While staying at this hotel I went to bar to have a few drinks after work. The bartender over charged me by two drinks and he insisted that I had drank more than I thought. Trust me that I know how much I drank. Not to mention that the housekeeping turned off my heater while I was working causing my room to be extremely cold when I arrived back from work. I will not be staying here again when I get screwed out of money, and cant come back to a warm room. Also as a side note the internet is terrible, it keeps cutting in and out during the stay. Also the towels are very small and rough on the skin.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Barrie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Booked in on a Friday night just for the one night. Impressed with the cleanliness of the halls, and the friendliness of the check in staff. Nice touch to have infused lemon water available right at reception. Our room was the Cleopatra suite room 421 on the 4th floor.. On walking into the room it was wonderfully bright and sunny as on a corner- so lots of windows facing west and north.Pleased to have a small fridge and the use of a microwave.The bed is king size and very comfortable. I suggest you bring towels as they are very thin and unacceptable. Having watched a documentary on hotels we now keep cheapo slippers to wear and we bring our own disinfectant wiping down various well used surfaces.Don't get me wrong the room was spotless-it's just that this documentary made hotel rooms appear to be breeding grounds for germs and it spooked us. Well at the centre of the room there are 4 huge pillars-- mirror ceiling and the jacuzzi taking centre stage. They have amenities to use in the tub.There is an electric fireplace and 2 comfortable chairs. The room was very large and we felt worth the $200 for the night. Great that they have room service with good prices and also an onsite restaurant and bar. Small but great looking pool. You really don't have to go out as they have pretty much everything there. We would return.

Room Tip: Top corner rooms have great view and are very bright as face west.