“The rooms are nice, the tubs are especially nice!!” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   81 Hart Drive, Barrie, Ontario L4N 5M3, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Barrie
Yellowknife
“The rooms are nice, the tubs are especially nice!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

We have stayed here a few times now while in Barrie. Recently we stayed for four nights. The rooms are awesome and clean, the thing I love the most are the huge jet tubs in the suites. The price was average not too expensive and free breakfast in the morning was great for the kids. I would recommend this hotel to famillies, the pool is a little small but it is the perfect size for young kids! For a romantic getaway I would definately recommend the Romeo and Juliet Suite!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank northerntravellergir

Hamilton, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at Monte Carlo Inn for 3 nights. This was, so far. the best hotel I've stayed at in North America....room was very clean, with modern tasteful furniture and a flat screen TV with tons of channels. The only drawback was the lack of blackout blinds for privacy...since our room was on the main level, we had to have lights turned off in the evening, otherwise people from the parking lot could see us. Other than that I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: don't get a room on the ground floor
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sweet_katka
Concord, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

Housekeeping was so late of the day that we ran out of fresh towels and toilet paper.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Aida G
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

A simple hotel adjacent to highway nestled between (3) other competively priced hotels.
I would recommend staying here since the hotel is fairly new, includes a simple continental style breakfast and the staff are courteous. Nothing negative to say; except that the hotel is not located downtown Barrie.

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank BLS_65
Sudbury, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed at the Monte Carlo July 2011 and found it a "very" pleasant experience. The room was clean (absolutely nothing to worry about). The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. The set up of the coffee machine/microwave/fridge very good. I also very much enjoy having a small table & 2 chairs in my room which they had (plus the desk for the computer people). They did have a continental breakfast which was perhaps not exactly the best I've had but satisfactory. I would definitely stay there again!
I would also like to mention that I am a smoker and had a smoking room - the room and the 4th floor smelled fine.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank carol0134
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

This small company of hotels is making a name for itself by being the best at what they are: offering great accommodations at a fair price in key areas of the province of Ontario. When they get big... lookout large chains because they up the bar!!
We got there after suppertime and they knew who we were! They accommodated us by making sure we had a ground level room with a window from which we could keep an eye on our motorcycles. Beautiful foyer/entrance, friendly staff and noticeably clean hotel compared to many. Room had two queen beds, 1 flat screen tv, a coffee maker, fridge and was very clean! Unfortunately, as is the trend now, each bed has about 5 pillows none of which are thin enough to properly rest your head and not break your neck. I slept without a pillow, as I often do in hotels. Continental breakfast is included and is very nice. They have good control over who walks in but you can't get a coffee to go (I didn't want to wake my friend so i didn't make coffee in the room). Please show some flexibility when I've shown you my breakfast ticket and explained I did not want to wake my friend; let me have a coffee so I can go sit outside with it! I had one in the restaurant anyways. This would be the only "gripe" I'd have but it isn't one because the staff there was wonderful as well(they were following rules... with a smile). Everyone says good morning and they all smile - must be a great place to work! The pool area could have private showering facilities but what is there works. Business office is perfect and complimentary for guests! Take note big hotel chains! Did not use the spa so couldn't comment.

Room Tip: Overlooking the freeway, not a sound to be heard!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ta10p
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

this is such a bad hotel! the people at the front desk were so rude! it was a friday night, and they were just plain rude! the pool was nasty and the tub was not cleaned. it looks nice on the outside but rooms were not up to standard!

Room Tip: go elsewhere!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Location
      Rooms
3 Thank bakingbake

Travelers are raving about these Barrie hotels