“It just keeps getting better!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Painters Hall Bistro

Painters Hall Bistro
17 Clapperton St, Barrie, Ontario L4M3E4, Canada (City Center)
+1 705-797-8844
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 441 Restaurants in Barrie
Cuisines: Contemporary, Wine Bar, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: City Center
Innisfil, Canada
“It just keeps getting better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

This was our second visit to Painters Hall, this time we went for lunch. We had the Best in Barrie Hamburger, the pork belly aoili and beef bacon with melted brie. Fabulous, everything about it was delicious. and the open faced steak sandwich with mushroom & onion ragout - so tender and the ragout was just scrumptious!

Once again, the staff were awesome, even though we were eating outside, which as you know in a lot of places, you get forgot about! Our waiter did not forget at all, he checked on us several times, to make sure the food was to our liking, which we assured him it definitely was!

The peach pie for dessert is something I definitely want again!

We can't wait to go back again, we are trying to work our way through the menu :-)

Thank you to the staff and chef, for a wonderful experience.

• Visited August 2014

Etobicoke
“Barrielicious delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We were here for Barrielicious. My kids really liked it. There were very nice to them. This was their first (complete) fine food meal with me.

We had the scallop and pork belly appetizer and the shrimp appetizer. Both were very good.

My kids both had the snapper and really enjoyed it. I had the chicken breast and my only issue of the entire meal was that the breast was slightly overcooked - as in a bit dry.

Dessert was chocolate mousse and roasted peaches and ice cream. Very well made.

Staff, as I mentioned earlier, were great.

Visited July 2014
Thank Darko. B
bradford
“No detail is to small”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I have now been to the Painters Hall 4 times (always during summerlicious or barrielicious, cause I am cheap like that) and have been overwhelmingly impressed all 4 times. Every possible detail of your experience is calculated and made perfect (the plates are warmed, the knives are Laguiole, washrooms with fresh towels, perfect portion sizes, impeccable service, 10/10 food, cute bistro atmosphere). Even more inspiring are the well thought-out menu selections. The food is also perfectly seasoned and tasty (which is something most kitchens cannot seem to do well). My wife asked for a manager to relay a compliment about the wonderful service we had and the manager turned out to be the waiters mother. This is a well run family establishment and the city of Barrie is very lucky to have such a wonderful dinning destination. Recommend you also take time to stroll along the adjacent waterfront for a truly remarkable evening. I will be back many times more...

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
“We LOVED Painters Hall Bistro!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Came in for a bridal shower during barrielicious - service, drinks, food ambiance all AMAZING. I highly recommend this place for a nice date night, or having a large luncheon or party. Thank you Painters Hall for hosting a wonderful lunch for our beautiful bride. We will be back!

• Visited July 2014
Innisfil, Canada
“OMG FABULOUS!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

My husband and I went to Painters Hall Bistro last night for dinner, what a wonderful place. Our waiter Jose was charming and attentive, the food was absolutely to die for! Chef Rachel does an awesome job with the food. While we were sitting there all you could hear throughout the restaurant was "look at the presentation" "that is beautiful" people were cleaning their plates! We had the Barnstormers Mussels for an appetizer and they were delicious. I had the chicken done 2 ways, everything on my plate was perfect. My husband had the salmon which looked and tasted gorgeous. We were sampling from each others plates and when I looked around other couples were doing the same thing! Congratulations to Chef Rachel and her staff, you have outdone yourself. We have been across Canada, Mexico, Belize, and seriously it is a wonderful place. Great food, good atmosphere, attentive staff. What more could you want for date night :-)

• Visited June 2014