“Barrielicious delicious” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Painters Hall Bistro

Painters Hall Bistro
17 Clapperton St, Barrie, Ontario, Canada (City Center)
705 797 8844
Neighborhood: City Center
Etobicoke
“Barrielicious delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We were here for Barrielicious. My kids really liked it. There were very nice to them. This was their first (complete) fine food meal with me.

We had the scallop and pork belly appetizer and the shrimp appetizer. Both were very good.

My kids both had the snapper and really enjoyed it. I had the chicken breast and my only issue of the entire meal was that the breast was slightly overcooked - as in a bit dry.

Dessert was chocolate mousse and roasted peaches and ice cream. Very well made.

Staff, as I mentioned earlier, were great.

Visited July 2014

bradford
“No detail is to small”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I have now been to the Painters Hall 4 times (always during summerlicious or barrielicious, cause I am cheap like that) and have been overwhelmingly impressed all 4 times. Every possible detail of your experience is calculated and made perfect (the plates are warmed, the knives are Laguiole, washrooms with fresh towels, perfect portion sizes, impeccable service, 10/10 food, cute bistro atmosphere). Even more inspiring are the well thought-out menu selections. The food is also perfectly seasoned and tasty (which is something most kitchens cannot seem to do well). My wife asked for a manager to relay a compliment about the wonderful service we had and the manager turned out to be the waiters mother. This is a well run family establishment and the city of Barrie is very lucky to have such a wonderful dinning destination. Recommend you also take time to stroll along the adjacent waterfront for a truly remarkable evening. I will be back many times more...

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“We LOVED Painters Hall Bistro!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Came in for a bridal shower during barrielicious - service, drinks, food ambiance all AMAZING. I highly recommend this place for a nice date night, or having a large luncheon or party. Thank you Painters Hall for hosting a wonderful lunch for our beautiful bride. We will be back!

• Visited July 2014
Innisfil, Canada
“OMG FABULOUS!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

My husband and I went to Painters Hall Bistro last night for dinner, what a wonderful place. Our waiter Jose was charming and attentive, the food was absolutely to die for! Chef Rachel does an awesome job with the food. While we were sitting there all you could hear throughout the restaurant was "look at the presentation" "that is beautiful" people were cleaning their plates! We had the Barnstormers Mussels for an appetizer and they were delicious. I had the chicken done 2 ways, everything on my plate was perfect. My husband had the salmon which looked and tasted gorgeous. We were sampling from each others plates and when I looked around other couples were doing the same thing! Congratulations to Chef Rachel and her staff, you have outdone yourself. We have been across Canada, Mexico, Belize, and seriously it is a wonderful place. Great food, good atmosphere, attentive staff. What more could you want for date night :-)

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Highlight of our Trip to Barrie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

What a wonderful spot for dinner. We arrived and were seated imediately by very friendly staff. Our waiter had great knowledge of the menu and assisted us in making our choices. We started by sharing an appetizer tray that included homemade bacon, cheeses and jam. Amazing flavours. I had a chicken dish. The chicken was perfectly cooked, moist and flavourful. My companion had a short rib that you could cut with your fork. Amazing. The desert was certainly home made and fresh. This was a fantastic meal. Thanks Thomas for your attentiveness.

• Visited June 2014