“great hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Barrie
Toronto, Canada
“great hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

Stayed for 2 nights with our hockey team and recieved excellent service. My experience travelling with hockey teams, is hotels generally bring out their 'tough' attitude and expect trouble. They watch your every move to ensure no trouble, sometimes where there isn't any. This hotel did quite the opposite. Beverages at the pool are generally met with a 'boot out' attitude. This hotel 'accomodated' us with plastic cups and continued to support us with extra tables, extra chairs etc. They kept all patrons happy including those not in our group. They even gave recommendations on where to eat with a large crowd. One particular incident with a hostile hotel patron (person was being belingerent to our children) was diffused by the hotel staff so that all patrons were happy and minimal disruption. Hats off to their staff. When the room noise was higher at the later hours - they continued to support us and offered a reasonable alternative that again suited all patrons. As always - travelling with a group has its issues, this hotel staff had the foresight to diffuse situations before they became a problem and continued to accomodate even the most difficult travellers. No other issues with rooms - spacious, clean and everything you need for a comfortable stay. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

Our stay here was great until we were leaving. My young daughter forgot her razor and asked for a complimentary one from the front desk. She was provided one but upon opening it, she suspected it was used. She told me and I said "No way, that would be impossible" When I checked - for sure - it was used. There were little hairs, dirt and grease all over it. Someone had just popped the little cap back on after using it. I immediately brought it to the attendant at the front desk (Sat. morning), who appeared to be equally horrified and immediately started going through the razors. There were several questionable ones but she searched until she found one that looked really clean. I did not have time to bring it to the manager's attention as I was leaving. I wanted to bring it to the attention of customer service to make sure something like this NEVER happens again. As a healthcare worker, I know that there are health risks of acquiring blood-tranmitted illnesses such as hepatitis B, etc. with used razors. It's a very serious thing. I have learned my lesson - I will never request a razor in any hotel - it's not worth the risk (unless it is properly sealed). Anyhow, I emailed customer service almost two weeks ago. I received a reply informing me that my concern would be addressed in 3 business days. It has now been 9 business days and I emailed them again - no response. Now, I am really frustrated. I don't know if they don't believe me that it happened or they don't think it was a big concern. Either way, it doesn't look as though they are going to address the situation. I have always loved the Hampton Inns because normally we have had really good experiences but I am so disappointed with the Hilton now. They will certainly never again be my first choice!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
HIBarrie, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Barrie, responded to this review, September 14, 2009
Dear Guest,
We are very pleased that you share the same level of concern for guest safety as we do and thank you for your comments.
Upon giving you the razor (that is purchased from an outside supplier), we agreed immediately with you that something unknown appeared to be on the blade of the razor, under the protective cap. These razors currently ship to the hotel in bulk and are offered to the guests as part of our Hampton Inn "as if by magic" program when toiletries are required by guests.
We promised to have this razor investigated and subsequently have taken the following steps to ensure 100% customer safety:
1) An apology was immediately offered to you, our valued guest, and another razor was provided
2) Our assurance was provided that the hotel would react accordingly
3) All razors were removed from inventory immediately
4) Our supplier was contacted and the product is currently in quality control with a confirmation …pending
5) A 2nd apology in writing to you is here ready to send to you at the moment we receive the information on what fiber may have been on the razor
6) To further back up the importance of the Hampton Inn Guest Satisfaction at our hotel, individually wrapped razors have now been purchased to even further enhance our commitment to customer care and the value of the Hampton product we offer.
It is our hope that once we have the final answer about this purchased product that you will re-turn to our hotel as a very valuable Hampton customer and that this one incident will not overshadow your very generous comments “I have always loved the Hampton Inn because normally we have a really good experience”
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

I stayed here with my mother, my sister and my two bridesmaids during the week leading up to my wedding. We had an amazing time there and they treated us like gold.

We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2009
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

The rooms are newly renovated and are modern and beautiful. We were able to stay in a room with 2 queen sized beds and breakfast included for $120 CDN with all taxes in. We very surprised at how great the hotel was for the price. All of the staff were very accommodating and even wheeled a fridge in our room when we explained that we had milk that we needed to keep refrigerated (we thought all of the rooms had mini-fridges, but only the suites do). They even gave the kids freezies at the front desk. The breakfast was incredibly convenient - perfect for a family looking to grab something quickly (they offered cereal, fruit, yogurt, muffins, toast, bagels, omelettes, etc.).

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

This new hotel is absolutely stunning...the best I have stayed in to date at the best price I have paid for the room as well! We stayed in a Queen Suite which was real sweet... Beautifully decorated with the most comfy beds & pillows. The gym was top notch & saltwater pool, hot tub were fantastic as well. Truly enjoy that at the Hamptons, you can help yourself to a complimentary hot beverage at any time of the day. Hot breakfast was included as well. Hotel was full when we stayed there so it was a little bit of a scramble for breakfast with the eating area full BUT they opened up one of the meeting rooms for extra seating. Will definately stay here again, look for a reason to stay in Barrie! We have stayed next door as well at the Days Inn & definately prefer the Hampton.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Burks Falls, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

Beautiful decor, friendly and helpful front desk staff, great buffet breakfast in the AM that was well staffed. Hotel only open 4 months so everything is updated and new. Best rate around for any hotel in the area thus making it an awesome deal. Beds excellent with choice of pillows, great TV, etc. We'll definitely be back for our next get-away! Good for families or couples. The BEST hotel in Barrie!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Barrie? Share your experiences!