Stayed here one night en route to Sudbury from Kingston. We called from the highway (not the driver!) on our way here and literally "got the last room" left. That made me nervous as to what that room might be like, but I was VERY pleasantly surprised when we arrived! The check in was efficient and painless. The front desk clerk was very nice and informed us that the hotel was full and that if we had any noise issues, to not hesitate to call her and she would deal with them. Got to the room and LOVED it!!!! HUGE ROOM!!! Two queens and a sofa bed, separate kitchen area with big counter top, mini fridge, sink, and microwave. Bathroom was sparkling clean and I loved that the sink area is separated for maximum efficiency when myself and my two teenage daughters are trying to get ready in the morning. I did not call the front desk about the noise, and there was lots, up until I fell asleep (with some help from a sleep aid) at 11:30pm. I stepped out into the hall a couple of times and glared at the runners and once, a tipsy dad, but I couldn't bring myself to bother that nice girl at the desk. I'm sure she was dealing with noise complaints from every corner of the hotel, all night long. I cannot fault this hotel, but I do have a message for parents:
PARENTS - HAVE CONTROL OVER YOUR CHILDREN!!! A HOTEL IS NOT A GYMNASIUM. THE LONG HALLS ARE NOT MEANT FOR RUNNING UP AND DOWN WHILE SCREAMING AND HOLLERING LIKE A LUNATIC!!! THERE ARE OLD PEOPLE, SICK PEOPLE, TIRED PEOPLE, PEOPLE WITH HEADACHES AND PEOPLE WHO HAVE TO GET AN EARLY START IN THE MORNING, STAYING IN THE HOTEL WITH YOU AND YOUR ROWDY FRIENDS!!! YOUR HEAVY DOOR DOES NOT NEED TO BE OPENED AND SLAMMED 30 TIMES AN HOUR!
Sadly, not all of the noise was coming from children, but a good deal of it from the "adults" in the group too. I suspect we were in the company of some tournament attendees, and I've had the experience before. I swear some people put their kids in rep sports just so they can travel around and party with the other parents while their kids rip around unsupervised. Remember parents, some day, you will be in a hotel without your kids and will want the same courtesies that I and my fellow travellers without young kids do - namely respect, peace and quiet. Grow up!
This hotel is excellent and I get why hotels take tournament groups in. You can't fault the hotel because people act like a-holes!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our friendly team at the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton® Barrie wants you to feel right at home even before you make it to your spacious, comfortable room. Help yourself to a warm cup of coffee or tea as you check in and get your room key. Our lobby service is always fresh, 24 hours a day. After a fun-filled day of strolling along downtown Barrie or along the banks of Lake Simcoe, explore the options at our hotel in Barrie. A refreshing swim in our heated indoor Saltwater pool & hot tub or an invigorating workout in our exercise room may be just what you need to cap off the day. However if you’d simply rather stay in and relax, enjoy your complimentary in-room movie channel on a 37" HDTV flat-screen television, or rent a latest release pay-per-view movie. Begin each day with our delicious complimentary hot breakfast buffet with plenty of options or if your in a hurry take advantage of our breakfast-on-the-run bags. Email vacation photos to friends and family back home from the peaceful comfort of your room, which is equipped with complimentary high-speed internet access. Business or leisure, the Hampton Inn & Suites Barrie should be your next choice...we love having you here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Barrie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites By Hilton Barrie
- Hampton Inn & Suites By Hilton Barrie Hotel Barrie
- Hampton Inn Barrie
- Hampton Inn & Suites By Hilton Barrie Ontario