“Huge Room! Inconsiderate guests!” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   74 Bryne Drive, Barrie, Ontario L4N 9Y4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Barrie
Kingston, ON Canada
“Huge Room! Inconsiderate guests!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stayed here one night en route to Sudbury from Kingston. We called from the highway (not the driver!) on our way here and literally "got the last room" left. That made me nervous as to what that room might be like, but I was VERY pleasantly surprised when we arrived! The check in was efficient and painless. The front desk clerk was very nice and informed us that the hotel was full and that if we had any noise issues, to not hesitate to call her and she would deal with them. Got to the room and LOVED it!!!! HUGE ROOM!!! Two queens and a sofa bed, separate kitchen area with big counter top, mini fridge, sink, and microwave. Bathroom was sparkling clean and I loved that the sink area is separated for maximum efficiency when myself and my two teenage daughters are trying to get ready in the morning. I did not call the front desk about the noise, and there was lots, up until I fell asleep (with some help from a sleep aid) at 11:30pm. I stepped out into the hall a couple of times and glared at the runners and once, a tipsy dad, but I couldn't bring myself to bother that nice girl at the desk. I'm sure she was dealing with noise complaints from every corner of the hotel, all night long. I cannot fault this hotel, but I do have a message for parents:

PARENTS - HAVE CONTROL OVER YOUR CHILDREN!!! A HOTEL IS NOT A GYMNASIUM. THE LONG HALLS ARE NOT MEANT FOR RUNNING UP AND DOWN WHILE SCREAMING AND HOLLERING LIKE A LUNATIC!!! THERE ARE OLD PEOPLE, SICK PEOPLE, TIRED PEOPLE, PEOPLE WITH HEADACHES AND PEOPLE WHO HAVE TO GET AN EARLY START IN THE MORNING, STAYING IN THE HOTEL WITH YOU AND YOUR ROWDY FRIENDS!!! YOUR HEAVY DOOR DOES NOT NEED TO BE OPENED AND SLAMMED 30 TIMES AN HOUR!

Sadly, not all of the noise was coming from children, but a good deal of it from the "adults" in the group too. I suspect we were in the company of some tournament attendees, and I've had the experience before. I swear some people put their kids in rep sports just so they can travel around and party with the other parents while their kids rip around unsupervised. Remember parents, some day, you will be in a hotel without your kids and will want the same courtesies that I and my fellow travellers without young kids do - namely respect, peace and quiet. Grow up!

This hotel is excellent and I get why hotels take tournament groups in. You can't fault the hotel because people act like a-holes!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
BarrieManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Barrie, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay and your kind words about both our hotel and the staff!
They have a lot of pride in the jobs they do and it is so rewarding to see it shine through to the guests.
I am sorry that you had noise issues during your stay. It is unfortunate when guests don't take others into consideration or respect that not every guest is here for the same reasons.
We appreciate your understanding and do hope we get to welcome you back on your next trip to Barrie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Most of the hospital staff were extremely helpful I went out of their way to facilitate special requests. I would gladly recommend this place to anyone who needs a facility of this level. It is not a luxury hotel but for a short stay this is excellent. I certainly wish that there was a restaurant within the hotel facilities but this is probably not what the brand is about

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn while in Barrie and for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate getting feed back from our guests.
I appreciate the kind words about our staff as they do have a lot of pride in what they do. We love to see it shine through!

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Barrie.
Waterloo, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

For the most part, this is a typical Hampton Inn. The rooms are nice, service is good, and everything looks great. Two negatives surfaced here unfortunately though: while the WiFi worked, it was terribly slow (Hampton does offer free, and priced tiered internet service). Also, the breakfast was subpar for Hampton. The potatoes and eggs were very dry; the eggs were overcooked, or they had been sitting around for far too long. When I looked around for some Tabasco sauce, no one was in the kitchen area to help. 7/10

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments about your stay with us.
I am sorry to see that it wasn't up to your expectations with the internet and breakfast.

We appreciate all comments as they help us improve. I am happy to report that our new internet service is now active and the speed available has been greatly increased for guest use.

Thank you again for choosing us and we hope to welcome you back again on your next visit to Barrie.
Nepean, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The best hotel I've stayed at in Barrie. New, clean, friendly staff, large rooms, located right next to the 400. The only minor complaint is the hot breakfast was a little lacking (only two hot items that changed each day) and the self-serve area was a little cramped.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

BarrieManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Barrie, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for your review and high praise of your stay with us.

Our staff have a lot of pride in the jobs they do and strive to make every stay extremely satsifying.
They will be very pleased when they read your comments!

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Barrie.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I stayed for two nights in April 2014. Staff were very good, location was convenient (I was working at Liberty North). Hotel was quiet. No restaurants in walking distance but we had a car so we drove downtown for dinner. Nice amenities, my room was HUGE. Breakfast was very good.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
BarrieManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Barrie, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for your kind words about our staff and your stay with us.
The staff all have pride in the roles they perform here and are always so pleased to see when their 'Hamptonality' shines through to our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to Barrie.
windsor, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Staff is Excellent ! Location is very convenient, both for business & pleasure. This was a 'combined' trip which included business & pleasure. Our family has stayed here in the past & were very pleased.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us.
We love hearing from our guests and are so happy to see you had a great stay!
I am very proud of all our staff and love to hear when their personalities shine through to our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
roscoe, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is a Very Nice and Convenient location. Hotel Staff, couldn't have been more helpful and treated the guest as if they had known them forever. Like that touch. will be coming back soon and will be staying here, if available. I would recommend this Hotel and location to any Business Traveler and Leisure guest as well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for allowing us to be your accommodation of choice while in Barrie.

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review and are very pleased to see that our Hamptonality was shining through to you!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Barrie? Share your experiences!