“Very clean, nice big room, lots of parking” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   74 Bryne Drive, Barrie, Ontario L4N 9Y4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Barrie
Sudbury, Canada
“Very clean, nice big room, lots of parking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The room was very big, we got the 3 queen with a sofabed room. Having the fridge and microwave was great. There was lots of parking, the staff were very helpful. What I didn't like was the hottub, there was no pressure for the jets and the water was only warm. Also, the breakfast could use some sausages or meat of some kind. The beds were hard.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
BarrieManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Barrie, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We always appreciate hearing back from our guests.

Our maintenance department has looked into the hot tub jets and they are now nice and strong!

We do have sausage links, sausage patties and bacon on the breakfast buffet, but we alternate our offerings each day in order to provide a little bit of variety for those guests staying an extended period of time.

The staff will be pleased to see the kind words about their service. We pass along all reviews for their viewing.

Thank you again for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Barrie.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
San Bernardino, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

I made the choice for this hotel as I have a preference for Hilton brands. I have stayed at this hotel four times in 2012, always for a full week and have never encountered any issues. The rooms are spacious, modern and clean. The complimentary breakfast, while not outstanding does the job and helps keep expenses in check. The flat screen TV is smaller, I'd say about 32 inches, but I was happy to get CNN. The Internet service has been flawless on each and every one of my stays. As a business traveler, my only issue is that the affordable rates do attract many child-sports family's. While I welcome sharing the common areas, as may be expected, the absence of proper parenting occasionally results in frustration when using the elevator to ascend or descend. My experience in the room, however has always been quiet. The staff has always been polite and helpful, however being in the customer service business, I have to acknowledge the evening shift representative. Four months passed between my previous visit in October 2012, but on the evening of my second-nights stay in March 2013, while leaving the hotel to grab dinner, "Grant" immediately recognized me and greeted me by name. I had been impressed by his attentiveness throughout my previous stays, but I felt compelled to pass along this feedback as he is a definite asset to this team. Sadly, this will be my last visit to Barrie, however, should I have the need for accommodations within a 30 mile radius for either business or pleasure, this hotel will definitely be first on the list.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to post your comments. We value all feedback from our guests.
We made sure that Grant saw your kind words about the service he provided. We agree with you - he is a great asset to our Barrie team! All the front office staff were sad to see it was your last visit with us. We all wish you the best. Maybe your next vacation will be to Barrie!
Sudbury, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed here as a family over the weekend and really enjoyed it. In the lobby is a complimentary coffee nook where you can brew individual coffee pods and choose a flavoured cream. I also noticed that they offered a free Barrie Examiner newspaper. The room was clean and updated. The pillows were a combination of soft and hard, so you could have a choice. The bathroom had hair products but I thought that Hampton could be a little more female-friendly by offering a make-up mirror.
My husband and daughter used the pool and hot tub but found the pool chiily so stuck to the hot tub and enjoyed that. They said that there was no one else around and had the place to themselves.
The breakfast was very well done with hot food like scrambled eggs and sausage, oatmeal and an assortment of cereals, fruit and yogurt. My husband and I were there early at 8:00 am but when we checked out and my daughter decided she was hungry at 9:00 am, they were out of some of her favorite items, like fresh fruit salad.
However, any complaints are minor; overall we had a good experience and would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
bobcaygeon, ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have been lucky to stay at the Hampton Inn several times, mostly in Barrie Ontario. We have always been very happy with the overall experience. the rooms are large and well laid out. The beds are comfortable and the bedding is clean and smells so clean. The people on the front desk have been very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is well done, mind you it can get very busy depending on the number of people staying at the hotel. My husband usually goes down and will get us plates and bring them back to our room.
D and D

Room Tip: we have not had a bad room yet
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ontario's Highlands, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

nice large rooms, clean, nice pool and hot tub, good breakfast
in room microwave and fridge were usefull as there is no room service
a little pricey, but worth it
pool is bromine and that is quite nice
fitness center is a little sparse

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The Hampton Hilton is relatively new so you shouldn't have any issues with the rooms or surroundings. The staff is great. Only issue I can think of is the lack of an on-site restaurant and bar as we're staying there during the winter months and going out in the -25C weather is not fun. Spring/Summer can't come fast enough...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
North Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stay at the Barrie Hampton Inn when we visit our son, Daughter-in-law and granddaughter who live in Barrie. We've stayed at the Barrie Hampton in many times and each stay has been commendable. The rooms, breakfasts, service and hospitality have been great. When our son and his family visited they made them feel at home. Arriving to coffee and cookies in the lobby and the bottles of water in the room are great. Because of this we make it a point to book rooms at Hampton Inns at every location we stop at on our way to Florida and our trip back to Canada.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
BarrieManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Barrie, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for continuing to choose Hampton Inn Barrie! We love to see a familiar face come through the door.

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review and share your experience with others.
Our staff strive to make every stay exceptional.
The cookies and coffee are a popular feature.

Thank you again for allowing us to host you in Barrie. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Barrie? Share your experiences!