“Single diner” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Sandhurst Shores, On
“Single diner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The service was fine but the food was not.
I was very hungry so sending the food back was not an option.
I had the July special steak and lobster. The plate arrived with a large lobster on top of my "crispy" Keg fries. Water from the lobster ran down onto my fries and they were soggy.
One and a half pound lobsters are the best but mine was so big it was as tough as an old boot.
The Keg is a steakhouse and my steak was medium rare as ordered but it was very tough and had a large piece of gristle running through.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Barrie, Canada
“Great food as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Had the surf and turf. The 4 of us enjoyed it all. Beers wine and good appetizers. Always feel full after leaving unlike a lot of fancier places

Toronto, Canada
“So friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We were a group of 9 and the staff bent over backwards to accommodate us on every level. We were all served piping hot dishes at the same time and thoroughly enjoyed our meal and evening. Thanks!

Visited July 2014
Staines, United Kingdom
“not the best example of the chain”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Having eaten in The Keg in many other locations (Ottawa being the best so far), this was a poor example. Not the best location on the main Bayfield Street. The service was warm, just like the food. Steak was ok but not well cooked, a little tough for most of our party and seafood tasted frozen rather than fresh

Visited June 2014
“Middle of the Road”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

There was a time when I really enjoyed going to the Keg. I find now that I am a little older, there is just something lacking there now. My wife and I had dinner there the other night. I had the Chicken Creole (yes I know it is a steak house!), but I had it in the past and enjoyed it. This time it seemed like there was a budget cut. Instead of large scallops, mine were smaller than a quarter and were pretty tough. The shrimp was about 1/2 the size it used to be and there seemed to be very little flavor in the sauce. My Wife had the Steak & Crab, but at $33.00 you kind of expected something pretty special... again she said it was just OK.

The service was great, nothing wrong there. The atmosphere is decent, albeit pretty noisy.

There are many great small restaurants in Barrie, the "big-box" keg just does not seem to be working for me anymore.

• Visited June 2014