“Middle of the Road” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Doing business, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“Middle of the Road”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

There was a time when I really enjoyed going to the Keg. I find now that I am a little older, there is just something lacking there now. My wife and I had dinner there the other night. I had the Chicken Creole (yes I know it is a steak house!), but I had it in the past and enjoyed it. This time it seemed like there was a budget cut. Instead of large scallops, mine were smaller than a quarter and were pretty tough. The shrimp was about 1/2 the size it used to be and there seemed to be very little flavor in the sauce. My Wife had the Steak & Crab, but at $33.00 you kind of expected something pretty special... again she said it was just OK.

The service was great, nothing wrong there. The atmosphere is decent, albeit pretty noisy.

There are many great small restaurants in Barrie, the "big-box" keg just does not seem to be working for me anymore.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Ottawa, Canada
“Steak to Die for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

The last few times I have frequented Keg Restaurants in Canada (London, ON, Shilo, AB, etc), I have been disappointed in the quality and cooking of their steaks. The Keg in Barrie however changed that. The steak was so good the first time my work colleagues and I went there that we had to go again during our stay in Barrie. The steaks were delicious and was cooked perfectly. HIGHLY recommended Keg...one of the best I have ever been to!

Visited June 2014
“Great Steakhouse”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Wonderful food and atmosphere. Staff were great and efficient. This is the place to go for the best steak in town!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Barrie, Canada
“Keg the Best Steak Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I always return to The Keg of the best steak. The Keg the best steak place in Barrie and outshines many in Canada and US. Nothing more need be said.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Celebration dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Restaurant is nice and staff give friendly welcome. Very busy most times but that is expected.
A bit noisy with music and all talking but again expected.
Our waitress was friendly and efficient. Food was served hot.

What was surprising was that a napkin had fallen on the floor and many staff members just stepped over it and not one decided that it was an eye sore and they would pick it up.
It sat there the whole time that we were at our meal.
It left us a bit questioning of whether we would go back but overall it was good. I don't mind spending extra money but you would expect that higher prices relate to higher standards with and these things wouldn't get missed.

• Visited March 2014