“Spectacular cuisine as usual from Chef Luca” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
tigliole, Italy
“Spectacular cuisine as usual from Chef Luca”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

As usual, Chef Luca has done it again. We had a pre-anniversary dinner at Rosina on Friday evening. We were not disappointed.

Massimo was his jovial self and Ciara, master of the wine list, assisted me in choosing a great Nebbiolo to have with the meal. In fact, the wine was so good, we went to the cantina the next afternoon a purchased some of it.

Highly recommended!!

• Visited June 2013

Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“Simply amazing. Winner would have said "Historic"!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

After a very stressful few days my partner and I had just completed a business deal and found ourselves in Novello. We were looking for that perfect restaurant, one that is always in the mind's eye, but rarely appears in the real world. This time we did find it. In a quiet corner of a small sqaure we saw a woman eating lunch alfresco, we asked if the restaurant was open "in 15 mins yes, would you like a table, outside"? We returned in 15 mins to see a table set for two, bread waiting and menus at the ready. We ordered tow glasses of barbaressco and then home made pasta and veal. It was just the best food ever and I was very very happy. Great value and great service EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited June 2013
ann arbor, MI
“what a pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We staying in La Morra and wanted to have lunch in another of the wonderful hill towns of the Barolo region so stopped in Novello based on a recommendation from our hotel. We had a little difficulty finding the restaurant because it was tucked around the corner and were happy to see that there was a nice patio where we could profit from the lovely weather. We ordered three courses, each of which was wonderful. Now a confession. I hate beets. As it turns out, my first course was a potato/beet gnocchi with a saffron cheese sauce (see photo) that looked beautiful. When I saw the color of the gnocchi, I thought that they had either used an unhealthy food dye or worse, they had included beets in the gnocchi. It turned out to be the latter. Now I should say I did not know the Italian word for beet, hence my unwitting selection of this plate, as I have mentioned that I hate beets. Having ordered it, I felt I had to at least try to eat it and, to my astonishment, it was good... Granted not stupendous, beets can never be stupendous, but better than simply edible. In my life, I have had only two beet dishes that were palatable, and this was one. The next course was a brilliant lamb, cooked and seasoned perfectly. My wife had a wonderful vegetable pasta and one could taste the grain in the pasta indicating how fresh it was. Each dish was delicious (OK maybe not the beets, but as close as beets can be to being delicious) and beautifully presented. The desserts the same. Afterwards, we spoke with the chef and his wife about food of the region, there doing a special dinner at a friend's restaurant in Boston and generally about the area. They were so friendly and talented. A true example of Italian slow food done extremely well, even when they use dastardly ingredients like beets.

• Visited May 2013
Perth, Australia
“Fantastic Find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We happened upon it because I was showing the castle to friends. It was late and we were looking for a place to eat and stay. We were welcomed and told there was a B&B upstairs which we could rent for the night. The restaurant itself is very small and a bit sparse, though you can peer through a window in the floor to see the (1000 or so year old) stone well below. I had an amazing duck dish with a really great barbera by the glass, but as we were dining, we were happily surprised to see that 2 winemaking brothers from Le Strette were there pouring tastes of their delicious wines, one a Barolo! Chef Luca did a fantastic job and came out to check on us - we were all very happy. Everything was so tasty and I can't wait to bring my husband back for another great meal.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Turin, Italy
“Good food, not expensive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We went to this restaurant last week in langhe area. Its very good restaurant, kind owners, good quality, clean,not expensive comparing the quality of service. Its original food from piemonte Langhe, regional wines like Barolo or Nebbiolo, the best of west ITALY. Novello is very close to Barolo and Grinzane cavour where You can visit nice sites about LANGHE. we ate Gnocchi and Plin , then Battuta di carne . Cake was good as well. Here we can find clean and cozy rooms where You can sleep during your trip.

• Visited April 2013