“Always Enjoy” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Nova Scotia
“Always Enjoy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Love the place, the food and the view. It's all good! The seafood is the best available for many, many miles.

Visited October 2012

NB
“A memorable birthday meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My husband and I "dined" in style here on the occasion of my landmark birthday and had wonderful service and a delicious meal. We were even given a nice birthday photo which was unexpected and one which I value because I don't always like to be the center of attention! It all made my trip back to Pictou after 35 years, very memorable and will be a factor in my return to the area! Thanks very much!

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Glasgow
“Service far too slow”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Went here with my wife for anniversary meal, with dinner reservations.
We arrived on time, were seated.
While the restaurant was fairly busy it took 1 hour and 45 minutes from the time we ordered for main course to arrive. No excuse for this happening- just plain and simple terrible service.
During this time we were left to wait. Not offered an appology for the lack service, in fact largely ignored other than being asked if we might want some bread. I suggested several times that we should just walk out- my wife didn't want to appear rude.
This is not the first time we've been to this restaurant- and my wife used to tell others how fantastic the food there was. Our anniversary is coming up again in a month or so and there is no way we will be returning to Pipers Landing.
When the bill was presented there was no appology for the long wait certainly no discount off the charges in an attempt to make up for this. Apparently the oweners are so arrogant they feel it is acceptable to have people sit for hours in their establishment waiting to be served. I can assure that it is not worth the wait. We are never going back.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“RUDE AND CRUDE FEMALE OWNER Great staff and food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Hit or miss on wait time for your food but its always been great food!!
The long time waitress there is great!!

Be prepared to get harassed by the female owner as she tends to stick her foot in her mouth!!! And made RUDE COMMENTS that make people walk out Angry.

We walked out amd they sent us an open gift certificate !!! That we wearnt going to use but decided to eat ourselves silly then so we did!!! Ordered everything on menu pretty much.

Luckily the owner wasnt there!!!!
The male owner seems to be a great cook and very friendly and approachable it just seems to be the female owner!!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nova Scotia
“A Family Favourite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

Whether it's an intimate romantic dinner in the wing chairs next to the fireplace, or a lively table of friends facing the river, Brenda and Matt will ensure that you have a wonderful dining experience. Casual Country Dining is an excellent description of the menu here. Entrees served with accompanying turnips and carrots that are consistently excellent. Don't miss the lobster or scallop stuffed mushroom caps. The Piper's Salad is classic too. There are hearty offerings of roast pork and chicken with all the trimmings too. One of the best bread baskets in the county too! This is a great place for a special occasion.