“Cozy Atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Halifax Regional Municipality, Canada
“Cozy Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Ate here with friends this afternoon and couldn't have picked a better place to catch up! Quite the cozy atmosphere, creative decor and East Coast music to go along with it. I had the chowder, it was excellent, and may have been the best i've ever had! My friends had the club sandwich and fisherman's platter, the platter had a bit of everything, it was ginormous and very worth the value. On the patio we had a great view of the waterfront and ship hector. Will definitely be returning!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Antigonish, Canada
“Waterfront Disaster”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

When the restaurant is deserted at lunch time on a beautiful Saturday, my family and i should have taken that as a hint into what we were getting into.

Although our waitress was very nice, prompt & came to us often to take our order & refill our drinks, that was the last of the positives.

First of all, the chairs were beyond uncomfortable, the music was too loud & the bathroom needs major repairs.

I was shocked the have the most boring plate of fish & chips put in front of me that was obviously taken from a bag from the freezer. For me, the fries were awful, the fish had a funky after taste.

My mother was happy with her chowder, but my father couldn't finish his clams because the were tough to chew.

When leaving, we were also ignored & avoided by the other waitress who did not wait on us.

I will never eat here again & will tell people to eat elsewhere.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Great place for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We stopped here for lunch, my wife and I had the lobster roll our eldest had the fish and chips and our youngest had his usual hamburger with bacon. We all enjoyed our food.
The service was great and we would definitely return.

Musquodoboit Harbour, Canada
“Over priced average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Two lobster rolls. One with salad and the other just coleslaw. Two beers. $68.00. SERIOUSLY
Will not be returning.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Halifax, Canada
“Could be better...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I just want to begin by saying that seafood places like this could do so well in Pictou as there is not a lot to choose from and especially during tourist season they could really shine however every restaurant that seems to pop up in Pictou just doesn't seem to give it 100%.
I went here over the weekend with my boyfriend and a friend and this was our first time here. It was lobster carnival weekend so I expected it to be busy. It was, but not really any busier then a restaurant should be, and there were not any long lines up or anything to get in. It seemed like there was some disorganization for sure, and not enough wait staff. We did ok as we only waited about 10 minutes before getting menus and then another 5 to get drinks and then about another 15 to get our food. I saw others that waited about 30 minutes to even get menus or a drink. Many people even got up and left. I do not feel that there is a need for this, it could be done better. I have been to many busy restaurants in many different places that do not have this happen and they are places that always seem to draw a crowd however maybe its just that the restaurants in smaller towns are not used to any kind of crowd so when it happens they cannot handle it, not sure. The owners also have to plan for busy times and make sure there is enough staff to handle it, common sense.
The food itself was not bad. The menu looked to be condensed for the lobster carnival as there was not much to choose from. My boyfriend had the fish and chips and he said it was good but the pieces of fish were quite small, my friend had just a cheeseburger and caesar salad and he said the burger did not taste very fresh. I just had an order of fries, and you really can't go too wrong with fries. I also had a couple of caesar's to drink and they were pretty good.
Overall I don't think I would hurry back here, again I think they could do really well if they enhanced their service and the quality of the food a bit, as it is a great location with a nice outdoor patio. Just don't rely on the patio to bring the customers if the other areas are not up to par.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere