“Fun Local Hang out.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Your Father's Moustache

Your Father's Moustache
5686 Spring Garden Road, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 1H5, Canada (Downtown Halifax)
+1 902-423-6766
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #74 of 583 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Description: Your Father's Moustache is the place to be for great food, fun and live entertainment in downtown Halifax. Our scrumptious menu includes fish and chips, lobster, pasta, steaks, and seafood. Our patio has been voted #1 in halifax for the last 11 years for best patio. Our pub club was so good for so long that they retired the club category and we are forever the best club in town. Voted best wings, best caesar, best brunch and best service at different times over the last few years. Our legendary brunch is available Saturday, Sunday and all holidays. Hope to see you at the Stache.
Astoria, New York
“Fun Local Hang out.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

So we had only one day in Halifax (a stop on our cruises) so we asked our tour guide for the pub he would go to for great beer selection and decent food. Your father's Moustache definitely hit the mark! It is just a little bit off the pier (right cross from Victoria Park). The decor is quirky with pictures of Mustached patrons hanging every where as well as moustache coat hooks. They did have a lovely upstairs patio, but we stayed inside on the second floor by the window due to the heat and had a great view of the street traffic below. The beer selection is also great and they have several of their own brews (note. make sure you ask, not all the home brews are on their menu). The food was good, but if you have never been to Canada before be warned, they only cook their burgers well done due to health concerns. The best part was the service though. Everyone there was very friendly, especially our waitress Liz. Would definitly hit this place again, however might have to bar hop and go across the street to the Fickle Frog, which our waitress sasys is where all the staff goes after their shifts (and vice versa).

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Something for everyone”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Recently visiting friends and I tasted the delights of this warm and friendly place. We all were adventurous and tried something different. Satisfaction all round. I had the Pasta New Orleans; the mixture of sultry flavours hit the spot completely. The pinot noir was subtly sweet and enhanced the experience of the pasta, despite being a red. My compatriots expressed their utter delight in the sangria and strawberry margaritas. I topped it all of with a delectable caramel cheesecake.
The great thing about Your Father's Moustache is that there is something for everyone. Pub fare, pasta, seafood, steak, etc. No matter what your tastes you are sure to be pleased with your dining experience. I highly recommend trying one of their signature beers. Seat yourself on the patio and enjoy your summer!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Canada
“Not good staff hygiene practices - I was disgusted”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I went to this restaurant twice during my last visit to Halifax. The first time was not bad, we had the pulled pork sandwich, which was adequate.

However, I went back again on Thursday June 20th by myself. It was busy that night as it turned out to be wing night. They would not give me a table as a was a solo diner (there was a small table for two unoccupied, but it was not offered to me). I went to the upstairs bar and ordered a hamburger and a beer. The hamburger was completely devoid of flavour - a glass of water would have had more taste. I opened up the burger and put tabasco sauce on it to get some flavour.

However, that was not the worst part of the experience. As I sat there, I was watching the staff prepare drinks for the tables. One of the girls was doing up the "well" drinks from the "frozen" mixes. The red one was difficult to pour up and she was making a mess with the semisolid mix going over the outside of the glasses. Instead of using a spoon to direct the mixture into the glass she used her finger (eeeew), never cleaned off the side of the glass with a napkin or cloth and sent the drinks off to the poor unknowing customers. I watched this happen multiple times.

Also, another customer at the bar was sitting there for at least 20 minutes waiting to be acknowledged by the servers.

Needless to say, I won't be back again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Montreal
“Great Fish n Chips for Reasonable Prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I had fish n chips, and a bottle of wine, with chowder, simply yummy. Excellent service, and reasonable prices.

Visited June 2013
Hamilton, Bermuda
“Late Lunch Experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Came here with a couple of friends. Had to wait about 5 minutes before a table was ready, but that wasn't an issue. This place has your standard selection of pubish-fare, with a few selections of draught beer. Food and service were average; had an enjoyable experience for the most part.

• Visited September 2012