“Thank-You!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Halifax Feast Dinner Theatre

Halifax Feast Dinner Theatre
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada (Downtown Halifax)
(902) 420-1840
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Eastern Passage, Canada
“Thank-You!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Another Great Night at Halifax Feast! Went to see Home Alone Christmas! Excellent Staff and Excellent Service! You were so very engaging to a Client that I took with a Disability, it was very special to her the way you made her feel. She hasnt stopped talking about it! Thank-you again!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Halifax, Nova Scotia
“Worst food experience I've had in a while”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We went with a few people from work as our Christmas party. The actors and actresses work hard, but wow; what awful food. Don't get me wrong, the service wasn't bad and we definitely laughed at a few of the jokes in the play.

I had the salmon and it was not great. The potatoes were instant mashed ones and the peas were definitely from a can. Those at our table that had the turkey had to drown it in gravy just to make it edible.

A couple we were with both ordered ceasars. The clamato juice ended up being off (fizzy) and they had to really push the staff to provide another one. My husband had a rum and coke and was pretty sure it was a wee bit short on the rum. The coffee was bad; I've had better at an Irving Circle K.

In terms of seating, you are smushed in next to your neighbor with very little room and, in some cases, no ability to see the stage.

If you want a nice meal, there are many places in downtown Halifax that will do so for $40/plate or less. If you want to see great acting, go to Neptune but if you just want a few laughs, the staff here will provide the same.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Halifax, Canada
“Wonderful evening and a great Christmas Present for my mom”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

The talent at the dinner theater is amazing. I took my mom as a "what do you get someone who doesn't want anything" Christmas present and we had a ball. We saw the Christmas show, which this year is Home Alone and I cannot recommend it enough. Sure the food wasn't the greatest ( I had the traditional turkey dinner) but it was definitely not horrible and to be honest I wasn't there for the food, it was just a lovely bonus. The show was hilarious, keep your eye on Harry - the greatest facial expressions I have ever seen. The actors all have an amazing talent for not only acting but also have impressive voices. The musical director did a wonderful job of combining traditional with current popular music that really showcased their personalities and voices. You can see how much they enjoy their jobs and that is a wonderful thing.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Halifax, Canada
“Disastrous”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

If you like bad food and tasteless jokes, you will love the Halifax Feast. We came here with our family for a performance of "Big Twang Theory" and I literally had to stare at my table so as not to be embarrassed by the continuous raunchy dialogue. I know the TV show the play was based on has quite a bit of sexual innuendo, but this script crossed the line, including probably 10 uses of the word "coitus". To give you an idea of how off-colour and offensive the humour here is, the show included a crowd-pleasing (not) joke that began with "religion is like a penis" and another whose punchline was a man being raped by another man.

The food was awful. I order the "coconut curry and lime shrimp", which sounded delicious. Judging by what arrived on my plate, they must have just tossed all the shrimp in a big pot of water and tossed in a bit of sauce from a jar. The shrimp (all 6 of them) were overdone and there was virtually no sauce on them whatsoever. There was just a little bit of watery sauce, maybe a teaspoon, that had dripped off them onto my plate. I could taste a little bit of curry but that's it. The vegetables served alongside the shrimp, baby carrots and snap peas, were of the frozen-and-then-boiled variety. The names of the dishes offered sounded very appetizing, but were ultimately disappointing.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Kentville, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Great night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

My husband and I went to Halifax Feast to see "the Big Twang Theory". Was hilarious--there was actually a time when I was sitting there with tears just streaming down my cheeks! Food was not the best (striploin a big on the tough side) but certainly not BAD by any stretch. Would go again and again in a heartbeat! Worth the money!

• Visited August 2013