“Still a great spot for Drinks!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood, Bar, Café, Family Fare
Good for: Bar scene, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Late Night
Portugal Cove, Canada
“Still a great spot for Drinks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

My wife and I used to live in Halifax and would often start a night downtown at the Shoe Shop. We weren't disappointed during our visit this summer. The Shoe Shop has a super relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Our server was very knowledgable about the menu. Friendly and courteous in all regards.

They serve a great variety of drinks and ours were served promptly. We did order calamari to pick at. It certainly wasn't the best offering we have eaten there. Others had nachos that looked delish.

Halifax, Canada
“Didn't care for my food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I had the fish n chips, Big piece of fish but kinda dry. Fries are flavoured with an odd spice. I like the shoe shop but won't have the fish n chips again. Service was good. Friendly server.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
POMFRET CENTER
“Great Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We stopped for the Nachos and drinks, great place to people watch! The nachos were great and we enjoyed, our waitress was a bit salty but it was fun just the same.

Visited July 2014
London, Canada
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Have heard good things about this restaurant and this was the first time there. It started with us sitting unnoticed for some time on the patio with no offer of a menu or drinks, followed by lethargic service and a seemingly disinterested server. The pan fried haddock was well prepared and served with roast potatoes that were overdone along with a scant and relatively tasteless salad. The mac and cheese was terrible - no visible cheese or sauce and the oil literally pooled in the bottom of the dish - inedible. The response to the returned Mac and cheese was also disappointing. Won't be back.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor Member
“4.75 stars”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I would have given 5 stars if they had more gluten free vegetarian options. The menu is small but my husband, son and I all enjoyed what we had very much. I was especially impressed with all the homemade sauces, dips and dressings. We sat on the patio but the interior was so beautiful I would actually recommend sitting inside!