“Wonderful restaurant with great location and atmoshpere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stayner's Wharf Pub & Grill

Stayner's Wharf Pub & Grill
1781 Upper Water Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 3R6, Canada (Downtown Halifax)
902-492-1800
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #52 of 590 restaurants in Halifax
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Bridgewater
“Wonderful restaurant with great location and atmoshpere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We love NS and visit Halifax every couple of years. There are so many great places to eat by the waterfront, some more fancy, but Stayner's is one of our "must stops". It's nice, good food with a great view and we love to sit outside in the summer. You have to try the pan fried haddock! And with a cold Keith's... Yum!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

74% Recommend
Dartmouth, Canada
“Louisianian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I must confess, I order the exact same thing every time I go to Stayner's. They are the only place that makes this chicken dish. It has beans, rice, spinach, corn meal breaded chicken and it's got a heat to it, that makes me so happy! It is consistent, never too hot, or bland, always made the exact same way. Their menu is small, so I don't mind sticking to the same thing. I think because of the small menu, they can stay consistent with each dish, and each dish is delicious (I did try a few others before I settled on the Louisianan). This place almost always needs a reservation or you'll be waiting at the bar. No worries, though, the staff is efficient (and I recognize that most of them have worked there over the years, so they have loyalty--that bodes well with me. They must treat their employees well). I love this place. I've also been for their jazz. Great venue, food is delicious. One of my top 5 places to eat out.

Visited January 2013
Halifax, Canada
“fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Always an amazing experience, try the panfried haddock - its exquisite. As are the cocktails. Its reasonably priced and in a great setting

Visited October 2012
Halifax
“Best Service and Food Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I must say that after more than 10 years of being in Business! I rate Stayner's # 1 for Service,Food and Entertainment! Keep up the great work Todd and Staff!
I must have eaten at Stayners over 20 times and I finally decided I better write a review.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Halifax, Canada
“Comfort Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I had the good fortune of dropping by for a bite and a glass of wine after work last evening at the last minute. I was delighted with the quality and prices of the food. I have only eaten lunch here in the past. Being that it was dark by 5 p.m. we got to appreciate the lights on the Harbour. The venue is warmly lit, and homey feeling. I don't eat meat but was pleased to find a variety of meatless/fishless vegetarian dishes to choose from. The house wine offerings were above standard and there were four reds to choose from. I had an Australian Merlot, and a selection from the app section called eggplant parmesani...oh my goodness!!! It was so unexpectedly flavourful, and portionably large for an appetizer. To go with our eats we got treated to some home grown music delivered by two lovely ladies, one of whom works there I am told. Sweet sounds, nice evening. The server's were caring and didn't make us wait. Thanks Stayners...I'll be back!

• Visited November 2012