“The Best salad bar in town ” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Five Fishermen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 583 Restaurants in Halifax
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Carmichael Street
Transit: One block from major public transit stop.
Description: Halifax's premier seafood restaurant for 35 years, offering Nova Scotia Seafood, AAA Reserve Angus beef and an array of chef inspired menu items prepared with uncompromising quality.
Halifax, Canada
“The Best salad bar in town ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

There are perhaps four top drawer restaurants in this town. Five Fisherman is the one for proper service and the best value for money at the high end range without a doubt. From the setting to assistance with wine to the international renown salad bar and to the halibut . This is the restaurant to take your guests for a perfect dinner. When I need to be sure of the results of the dinner quality in all respects I put my trust in Five Fishermen.

GraftonConnor, General Manager at The Five Fishermen, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Willy1805,

Thank you so much for your glowing endorsement of the Five Fishermen. I'm so happy you enjoyed your recent visit and that you were well taken care of. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Montreal, Canada
“Extremely disappointed with my meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I was at the Five fishermen on wednesday and I have to say that I was looking forward to this meal, as I use to visit this restaurant frequently a few years ago, but I hadn't visited it in a long time. As usual the setting was beautiful, the greeting was perfect, a young man came to us very promptly and offered us a nice booth. Service was impeccable, politeness, check, attentiveness, check, friendliness, check.
Now the not so good part, I ordered the lobster barigoule, not knowing what it was I asked the server for a description, he explained that it was similar to a stew, with large chunks of lobster meat and vegetables, it was more like large chunks of lobster meat with some vegetables in the lobster cooking water, it was NOT good, it was blend and somewhat di#$#%^&$#^&g. Never again would I eat this, now in my opinion this is unusual for this restaurant, thus the 3 stars, because based on that meal alone it would have been a 1 star, so in all fairness I would go again, but I wouldn't reorder the barigoule, I would try something safer!!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dear Jean,

Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent visit to the Five Fishermen. I'm sorry that your meal was not to your taste as we strive to surpass our guests expectations in all aspects of their visit.

It is because of feedback from guests such as yourself that we can continue to provide the quality experience for which we have become known. I appreciate your taking the time to bring it to our attention.

Toronto, Canada
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

This was my second visit, the first visit for my husband. He was not disappointed. Fantastic service, food and wine selection! Superb seafood selections. Oysters galore. Easy to get too, great downtown location. Relaxed, pleasant cozy atmosphere. Great for enjoying a delicious quiet dinner. Hope to be back again. Would recommend it to anyone visiting Halifax.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Lynne,

Thank you so much for your glowing review. We strive to provide every guest with an outstanding experience and appreciate it when they let us know we succeeded. I hope the remainder of your visit to Halifax was just as enjoyable.

We look forward to seeing you and your husband again soon.

Whitby, Canada
“Second Visit and thoroughly enjoyed it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We were here in 2006 with family and enjoyed the food and service then ... this time (Oct 2013) was no different. In fact, Matt (our bartender/server/storyteller) was professional, attentive and knowledgeable. He never missed a beat serving us at the bar and tending to the other patrons and staff. When someone enjoys their job it shows and is a great asset to a restaurant. We enjoyed the fresh raw oysters and the steak dinners as well as the delish desserts! Will definitely return there next time we're in Halifax and will recommend The Five Fishermen to our friends and family!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Wincikabi,

Thank you so much for your positive review of our restaurant. Matt is a great ambassador of Maritime hospitality, and I'm happy he was able to enrich your visit.

I hope the rest of your stay in Halifax was as enjoyable as your visit to the Five Fishermen Grill, and we do look forward to seeing you for a third time.

California
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We met up with friends in Halifax and were there one night. This restaurant was within easy walking of our hotel, and it did not disappoint. The atmosphere was really nice and we all enjoyed our food. I would return in a heartbeat. It was cozy too which was a pleasant change for us.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
GraftonConnor, General Manager at The Five Fishermen, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear CaliforniaNana:

Thank you for your positive review of our restaurant.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience with us. We hope you enjoyed your visit to the area and that you will come see us on your next visit!