“Over-rated, Over-priced, Under-sized!” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Canada
“Over-rated, Over-priced, Under-sized!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Let me preface my review by saying that i thoroughly enjoy curries, and have eaten them in a number of countries. As such, when my family and I recently visited Halifax, and saw an advertisement for the 'Curry Village', declaring itself 'The Best Indian Restaurant in Halifax',we decided to give it a try.
The evening was a complete disappointment! As is our custom, we ordered 4 different curries, and since none are accompanied by a side dish of rice, a biryani. A simple enough order, yet, somehow, the young server managed to get the order wrong, and brought food that we hadn't ordered. Not a good start. When the food came, we noted that the portions were very small, containing only small amounts of meat (lamb and chicken). Within a short period, the sauce on two of the dishes started to congeal, something I have never previously witnessed. We didn't bother any more with these dishes. Overall not a good eating experience, although the Indian lager was okay.
If this really is the best that Halifax can offer, in the way of Indian food, then perhaps it's time that curry lovers learn to cook the food that they enjoy.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Halifax
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Curry Village is an excellent restaurant! The food speaks for itself! I've been there several times, and I have never had a dish that I didn't like, and I am a picky eater! My favourite is, of course, the butter chicken, it is absolutely amazing, and I could probably eat it everyday. The store owner, Sunny, is so friendly and genuinely cares about his customers. I've seen him go up to every table in the restaurant to make sure that everyone is enjoying their experience. Definitely go try Curry Village, and try the butter chicken!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Halifax, Canada
“awesome food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

went to curry village with family and was so impressed with their authentic lamb dishes. Prices were also reasonable.My entire family enjoyed the experience. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Great food and great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have been coming here for years; the food and service have always been top notch. The price is in line with other Restaurants serving real food, this is not a franchise!! Staff is friendly and helpful and the restaurant is ALWAYS spotless!! My family and friends come here all the time - we highly recommend this place. Check it out!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Halifax
“Worst Indian food in Halifax”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

With very few places to get Indian food in Halifax. We had high hopes at Curry Village. This has to be the worst Indian food we ever tasted. Everything tasted the same and the price was atrocious. The place was not very clean. The service was friendly but slow with only a few tables the evening we were there.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere