“Very Good Food and Courteous Servers” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bluenose 2 Restaurant

Bluenose 2 Restaurant
1824 Hollis St, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 1W4, Canada (Downtown Halifax)
(902) 425-5092
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Northbridge, Massachusetts
“Very Good Food and Courteous Servers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Went for Sunday breakfast this morning around 9:45 after finding my first choice had changed their Sunday serving hours. I found the restaurant to be bustling with diners who were chatting noisily and seemed to be enjoying their meals. At the entrance, in front of me, was a group of four waiting to be seated. When I informed the manager that I would be dining solo, he motioned quickly that I follow him to be seated. He then walked me past several two and four person tables and seated me at a table with a single chair situated directly in the center of the busiest area of the restaurant, save for the area leading directly into and out of the kitchen. Needless to say, I was a bit taken aback by the limited space on either side of my table, but, being poilite, and having noted how busy the restaurant was, I took my seat and was soon greeted by Amanda, my server, who I found to be extremely pleasant and courteous. She greeted my request for decaffeinated coffee with a smile and a promise to put on a fresh pot while I reviewed the menu. The coffee that she returned with was indeed fresh and flavorful, as promised, and the breakfast, once ordered, was cooked to my liking and plentiful, though the orange juice was definitely not fresh sqeezed, with a notable lump of residual concentrate clinging to the bottom of my glass. I requested hot sauce for my eggs and was offered a litany of choices, which I found refreshing given the limited offerings of some venues. If I were to rate the Bluenose II breakfast dining experience on quality of food, preparation and quantity, as well as wait service and price, I would say they were easily deserving of 4 stars. The experience, however, was diminished significantly by the volume of traffic passing around me as I dined. I experienced a continuous stream of "excuse me"s and incidental bumps, from patrons attempting to squeeze by, and occasionally from wait staff when two or three would transit past delivering meals or removing plates. Unfortunately, while I did well to mask my discomfort, I did note that the manager went out of his way to avoid asking me about my dining experience, even as he collected on my check and I departed the restaurant. Needless to say, I would forego dining solo at this restaurant again, and would suggest that if you are offended by any sense of urgency that many dining establishments demonstrate to keep tables filled and the money rolling in, then this is not the place for you. However, if you are looking for a good, well made breakfast, served generously and courteously, then the Bluenose II has that in their favor. Just be aware that "those who can't do, manage"....

• Visited November 2013

atlantic canada
“Always consistant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I went with my friend for lunch/brunch a few days ago. We ordered the Maritimer Special; 3 eggs, 3 toast, bacon, sausage, ham, homefries. We had to wait for 20 minutes to be seated but it was worth it. The service is great. The food made to order, hot and a good amount. Good price. Great location. I've never had a bad experience here which is why I go everytime I'm in HRM and why the locals all eat here...

• Visited November 2013
Somerville, Tennessee, United States
“Loved the Mac & cheese & Lobster”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We found this wonderful restaurant on a recent trip to Halifax and want to encourage anyone to get the Mac/Cheese and Lobster. My sister loved it. After talking with another diner that is what she decided to order and was very pleased she did. I had the lobster roll and it was good but wish I had gotten what she had. Service was great -- they were friendly and made good recommendations.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
edmonton, canada
“loved the Lobster”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We ate at this restaurant every day for the 3 days we were in Halifax. Their lobster was so delicious as were the other fish dishes & the prime rib we tried & the prices are better than the other restaurants in the area.. The staff was friendly & accommodating as we were a group of 5. If I'm back in Halifax this restaurant will be my first choice.

Visited October 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Decent breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stopped at the Bluenose 2 for breakfast during my recent trip to Halifax. It's a decent place and has the level of service / decor you'd expect from a casual restaurant. The food was good and the service was excellent, so I'd have no doubts recommending this place to anyone looking for a quick bite in Halifax.

• Visited October 2013