“Great Greek Food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Athens Restaurant Co is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #144 of 628 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Preston
“Great Greek Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I like to treat myself to dinner here. I order the haddock fillet with salad and roasted potato. I am never disappointed. The staff are very friendly. They have delicious desserts, but where I am a diabetic, I only indulge occasionlly. I recommend this restaurant.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Alberta
“An unimpressive dining experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Made an on-line reservation which was handy, although not sure if reservations at this restaurant on a Saturday night were really necessary. This was our first visit to this restaurant.

Our drink order was taken, and drinks delivered quickly, as we pondered the menu. Once our order was taken it was a long wait for the first appetizer ordered to arrive, which was the spinach and feta perogies and they were quite tasty. The other appetizer, which was a salad, arrived 10 minutes later. As the salad was on the verge of soggy/mushy, and had likely been sitting around for a while, I don't understand the delay. The calamari, was very disappointing as well, especially since the best I have ever had, was in a fast food court in a shopping mall. The chicken gyro with fries, and moussaka, were good. However, the empty dishes and glasses piled up, and were never removed. Desserts were not all served at the same time, three were delivered and finished by the time the fourth dessert arrived. The server did genuinely make the attempt to provide good service, but may not have had much if any training.

The men's bathroom looked like the same one that was there when the restaurant was Hoagies Steakhouse, and looked like the last time it was cleaned properly was weeks before. The door handle was disgustingly filthy, and paper towel had to be used to open the door then dropped to the floor. If the bathrooms cannot be kept clean, then I would not want to walk into the kitchen!! Based on this experience at this restaurant, we would not go back, nor recommend it to others.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Our last visit”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We've been to this restaurant on other occasion . The food was ok.
Thought we would give it another go!!
I had chicken, and my husband had donair wraps, with fries.
I asked to have humus in my wrap, they couldn't do that but could give it to me on the side, didn't tell me they were going charge 1.50 for this.
The fries were staturated in fat., and over cooked. The donair was dry.
This was at lunch time , so no reason for this, everything should have been fresh.

Visited February 2014
“Solid Greek Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

The Greek food, overall, was very good, altough I'd have to give the nod to Estia and Ela! as being better. The menu had an extensive offering of Greek food, but was diverse with lots to choose from. Save room for the delicious desserts. They have a good wine selection and decent amount of beers on tap.

Service was excellent, even on the busy night that we were there.

Location is in the middle of the business distrcit of Quinpool Road and within walking distance to Oxford Theatre. There is a small parking lot along the side and if that is full try the side streets directly behind the building.

Decor is very nice with comfortable seating.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Moncton, Canada
“awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

The service was great! Very convenient. The only bad thing: We weren't asked if we wanted a refill on our tea.
The food is fresh and good. Doesn't taste typically American but more European, which I loved!
Prices were okay, they had some good specials.
I would eat there again if I'm ever back in Halifax.

• Visited October 2013