“Mexico at its best” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Nova Scotia
“Mexico at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Affordable and quaint...this small restaurant is a gereat find! Food is fantastic but the juice is the best part!! Fresh honeydew juice like you have never had before I bet !!

Visited July 2011

Halifax, Canada
“Below Expectations”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We had heard a lot of great things about Mexico Lindo so I thought we should try it out. Unfortunately, it did not live up to my expectations.

The wait staff seemed like they overwhelmed by the full tables. We made reservations (recommended) and arrived on a Wednesday night with our group of 8 people. They sat us at two separate tables in close proximity. I found this to be disappointing because it defeats the purpose of making the reservation. With proper planning we could have all been seated together. We also ordered a pitcher of the fresco which was very good but they failed to bring glasses to drink it. We had to drink our water and then use the water glasses to drink the fresco.

I ordered the enchiladas which came considerably later than everyone else's meal. I thought they were very bland and mushy with flavourless cheese. They had the texture and appearance of recently being defrosted and microwaved. My partner ordered the chimichanga which was very good. I am willing to try Mexico Lindo once more, but its not as great as everyone says!

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Halifax
“A Real Mexican Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I have eaten at Mexico Lindo several times and always enjoy the meal and the atmosphere. I have travelled to Mexico several times and love Mexican food. Unfortunately most Mexican restaurants outside of Mexico are actually more TexMex. Mexico Lindo serves authentic Mexican food and this is why people will keep going back there!!!

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Halifax
“real mexican”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

wonderful couple own and operate, food is delicious, home cooked. Small and casual but you leave full and satisfied.

Halifax, Canada
“I m sort of mixed on this one”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

Food was fairly good but we didn t like how we were treated.We walk in and are made to sit at this tiny table in the corner (we were the only ones there for the whole time we were there).We were told the tables for four have to be saved .They would only have to move a table if it had gotten busy.The small tables crammed with big plates made it uncomfortable and no room to relax.I d dont like to be talked down too,and this is why i d never go back.Slightly over priced for what it is.

Visited November 2011