“Teppanyaki table only.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hamachi Steakhouse

Hamachi Steakhouse
1475 Lower Water Street (Bishop's Landing), Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 3Z2, Canada (Downtown Halifax)
902-422-1600
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Halifax, Nova Scotia
“Teppanyaki table only.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We've gone for teppanyaki 3 or 4 times with a group and it's always a great time, really fun and delicious. Everyone is seated around a flat stainless steel grill and the chef performs and cooks right in front of you. Get fried rice (steamed rice offers no entertainment). And participate! One time we did get a chef who appeared half asleep but he was still kinda funny.

Visited March 2012

calgary
“Excellent Lobster Rolls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Seems funny to be having lobster rolls in a Japanese restaurant but lobster rolls were the lunch special the day we were wandering the waterfront. It was a lovely day to sit on the patio, enjoy a local beer and freshly made lobster rolls. Life couldn't have been finer.

Visited October 2012
Oxford, Canada
“An entertaining dining experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Be prepared for something different, like sitting with a bunch of people you don't know.

The night we went with friends (4 of us) we sat with a couple on one side and a group of 4 on the other side, and it might not have been too bad if the group of 4 had remembered they were not the only ones at the "table".

The highlight was the entertaining manner in which the food was prepared by the Japanese chef at our table. Colorful, a few pyrotechnics thrown in to thrill, and all in all quite a performance which the chefs themselves seemed to enjoy greatly.

Food was so, so and mine was actually a bit cold by the time the people I was worth were served. My fault I suppose - don't worry about being polite when you go - eat when served is the best advice.

While not at the top of my list of places to revisit, overall it was an experience I am glad I didn't miss.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Shenyang, China
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We met up with friends who had been to Hamachi before and thought we would enjoy it. They were right! Our boys, ages four and six, were in stitches watching our chef, Mar, performing as he cooked our delicious food. I liked it so much I took my parents a couple nights later. We had a different chef who was still really good but next time I would ask for Mar again. He was fantastic!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great food with a great view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I thought this was a perfect place for lunch and I was fortunate the weather was beautiful while visiting Halifax so I could take advantage of the patio with a view of George's island. The service was excellent. I had lunch twice during my stay.