“Nice Hotel and Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Chocolate Lake Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Chocolate Lake Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Chocolate Lake Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20 St. Margaret's Bay Road, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3N 1J4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Halifax
Saint John, Canada
“Nice Hotel and Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stayed at this hotel at least once a year for the past few years and our latest stay was on April 18th for 2 nights. The hotel lobby and the reception area were spotless. The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. The internet signal was strong and the TV worked fine. We would like to mention that the staff at the front desk wer extremely friendly and helpful as usual (Crystal and Jordan). The breakfast was about average but this is what you would expect if it is included in the room rate. We hope that they would be able to fix the hotel's hot pool as we enjoyed it in our past visits. In summary, our stay was very good and I recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: choose a room on a higher floor facing the lake
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
ChocolateLakeHotel, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Chocolate Lake Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Hello Soccer2012 and thanks so much for sharing your comments with us. Sorry about the hote tub being out of service during your visit, but good news, it will be up and running in a few days.
See you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

When I entered the hotel I noticed a Dog. This hotel is pet friendly. And actually has a dog that lives on site. Room was very nice and clean. the price was also very fair. I ended up losing the keys to my car upon leaving, and the staff did help me. my only complaint was the limited parking in the front of the Hotel.

Room Tip: Some Rooms are Lake View. Some are city view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you CB-Travel-Guy78 for taking the time to share your comments. We're very pleased you enjoyed your stay. I agree that the front parking lot is somewhat limited, however we do have three other parking lots to choose from: one to the right of the hotel, one to the left, and then, my personal favorite, the one in back that overlooks the lake.
Hope to see you again soon!
Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at this location while on my latest business trip, and first time to halifax, so not familiar with the area, the staff was always welcoming and always happy to assist, upon walking into the lobby, I knew I chose the right hotel for my visit, the room was good, slightly out dated, also the bed's were nice and comfortable. Having the on site restaurant/bar was a huge bonus to me, being limited to my transportation as I found theres not a whole lot of places around within walking distance. the staff at the restaurant were outstanding they were fast and had great food, I can't wait to return to Halifax and my next stay at the BW. Hands down my choice for a hotel in halifax. See you again soon!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Hello ban9802 and thank you for your wonderful review! We look forward to welcoming you back to Chocolate Lake. We just rolled out a new menu in our restaurant, so I am sure you will find some great changes next time you dine with us.
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Exactly what I need from a hotel when I'm on business. Wifi, complementary breakfast, clean comfortable room all at a fair price. Good location near both airport and downtown. For a bonus nice view of the lake.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

ChocolateLakeHotel, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Chocolate Lake Hotel, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Hi Tim W and thank you for choosing Chocolate Lake. We are ecstatic to hear that you had a perfectly good time with us. We can't wait for you to come visit again.
liverpool, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

enjoyed the staff, room and meals. great service. the dog was friendly. the pool water was warm. the hot tub was hot. sorry the i can't get to 200 characters but i really enjoyed my stay.xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxooxoxoooxooxoxoooxoxoxooxoxooxoxooxoxooxoxoxoooxooxoxoxoxooxoooxoxoox

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hello Mervin H and thank you for your hugs and kisses! We're very glad you enjoyed your stay :-)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I've had the opportunity to stay at this hotel many times over the past 1&1/2 yrs while in Halifax on business. The staff are very nice, professional and fun to chat with. Jordan and Crystal were the two I met during my first visit and each time I come back they are always here with smiles and a warm welcome, yes and along with Cocoa. As I type Cocoa is behind me sleeping on the bed, once in awhile she will snort and roll over :)
The hotel is very clean, pool well taken care of, gym well equipped and rooms are comfortable and cleaned thoroughly.
A couple of iems I'm not impressed with. 1 - they have changed the way they have set up the breakfast buffet. Paper and plastic. Very cheap looking and not very appealing, and, 2 - they need to change up the menu more often, All the times i have been here the menu has remained the same for lunch and dinner. It would be more appealing to stay and eat here if the menu changed on a regular basis. Every few weeks would be nice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hello John S and thank you for your review. Cocoa is not very lady like when she's sleeping! I'll have a chat with her about that. Thank you for your kind words regarding our team, they are amazing. I'm sorry about the paper and plastic at breakfast. It's a test to see if we can service more guests in a more timely fashion, however, it is still too early in the trial to draw a conclusion. You will be happy to know that the Chef is rolling out a new menu in the next couple of weeks for lunch and dinner service. Some old favorites will remain, but some exciting and delicious items have been added. Looking forward to seeing you again.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stayed at the Best western Chocolate lake hotel a half dozen times. he hotel allows for pets and actually has a chocolate lab mascot. I personally do not own any pets at home but do find that the ambiance provided by the dogs presence gives a "home" feeling.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

ChocolateLakeHotel, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Chocolate Lake Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Hi Alain N, and thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We look forward to welcoming you home again soon. :)

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Chocolate Lake Hotel? Share your experiences!