This hotel just about has it all.
PROS: First: LOCATION! Practically sits centrally on the boardwalk. Staff is friendly and accommodating. Safe neighborhood. Wonderful views. Rooms are large, clean and have a new feel. Our front corner room on the third floor had a huge window. Beds comfortable with choice of pillow firmness. Towels thicker than average. Water pressure great and hot. Free coffee all day and night. Free baked goods starting in the afternoon. Breakfast served in the hotel (not free, but choice of menu ((fairly priced)) or buffet). Offers all the amenities. Has a bar. Enough elevators so you rarely have to wait. Look-out deck accessed on third floor and a GREAT rooftop deck with chairs. Parking not free, but there is no hassle in you finding a safe place to park somewhere in a city. A young fellow whisks it away and returns it to you with little to no wait. (You can request your car repeatedly throughout the day with no extra charges.) Children's playground on the boardwalk right across the street. Many restaurants and shopping within short walking distance. High rated dinner restaurant on site and right next door. Citadel is three or four streets straight up the hill. Tourist information center two blocks away. Sits on low-traffic, low-noise street.
SEMI-CONS: You can easily miss the narrow/short/tunnel-like entrance/drive on Salter Street. It sort of is "just there" before you know it. (One car length and you have passed it.) Because of the many one-way streets, you will have to circle around through the city again since you cannot make a right turn at the end of Salter and enter the courtyard from the other angle. (Tip: Once on Salter, turn on righthand turning signal and REALLY start slowing halfway down. Hotel entrance sits on the right.)
CONS: TV worked fine, but is dated.
All of that said, we would definitely stay at this hotel again. It is a wonderful in-city hotel that has accessibility to practically everything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether your visit to Halifax is all business or just for fun, your stay at the Courtyard Halifax Downtown hotel puts you in the midst of all that Halifax has to offer. Located at The Brewery Square the hotel offers a view of the gorgeous Halifax harbour. The hotel is located within minutes of business, meeting and conference facilities and is within steps of popular Halifax attractions, shopping, restaurants, museums, theatre and more.As Halifax bustles along outside, through our hotel doors you are welcomed with first-class hotel services and amenities. Our spacious guest rooms feature complimentary wireless high-speed Internet. Our fireside lounge, incredible restaurants, 24-hour fitness centre and indoor heated pool add to your enjoyment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Marriott, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Courtyard Halifax Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Halifax Downtown Hotel Halifax
- Halifax Courtyard
- Courtyard Halifax Downtown Nova Scotia