Everything in Halifax is relatively close and the city has such a relaxing, hometown feel. I'm in love with it. We were able to get a gist of the entire city in 1.5 days... 2 days would've been perfect or 3 days to see everything in explicit detail.
This hotel is located at the end of Salter St., right off of Lower Water Street and bordering Hollis Street (another useful, central street). A good portion of things you want to see (Seaport: Pier 21 and Farmer's Market, the Harbourfront, Keith's brewery, Historical Properties, Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, etc) are off of Lower and Upper Water Street, half a block to a block from the hotel. The Art Gallery, Citadel, Public Gardens, Provincial House, Courthouse and Natural History Museum are virtually up the street - between 5 - 15 minute walk to get to places you want to get to. If you're taking the VIA rail into Halifax, the station is a 10 minute walk on Hollis St. If you're flying in like we did, it is a 35-45 minute taxi ride from the Halifax Int'l. This hotel is beautifully located!
There is a shuttle service offered from the Airport to various hotels - this hotel is on the list. If you are travelling with a group of people, it is better to just share a taxi for the flat rate of $50 (something like that - we gave the guy $60 and called it a night). Otherwise the shuttle is ~$20 per person, one way or $34 round trip.
The rooms were comfortable. Beds are generic - medium firmness. Bathroom was normal. Shower pressure was lacking a little, but decent. AC worked well (we fortunately had very warm weather). TV had extended channels for those who fancy this.
The hotel does offer breakfast for $13/person in the morning. We chose to purchase freshly baked goods at the Farmer's Market instead, though there were many people taking advantage of this breakfast option.
The staff was so kind and approachable. We were curious about the hours of operation of the Seaport Farmer's Market and she had called in and found our answer. She gave us a map and explained the proximity of everything to the hotel and was very nice about all sorts of silly questions we had. When we needed extra towels and blankets, they came within 10 minutes. Every time we walked through the entrance, we were welcomed. Very pleased with the service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether your visit to Halifax is all business or just for fun, your stay at the Courtyard Halifax Downtown hotel puts you in the midst of all that Halifax has to offer. Located at The Brewery Square the hotel offers a view of the gorgeous Halifax harbour. The hotel is located within minutes of business, meeting and conference facilities and is within steps of popular Halifax attractions, shopping, restaurants, museums, theatre and more.As Halifax bustles along outside, through our hotel doors you are welcomed with first-class hotel services and amenities. Our spacious guest rooms feature complimentary wireless high-speed Internet. Our fireside lounge, incredible restaurants, 24-hour fitness centre and indoor heated pool add to your enjoyment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Courtyard Halifax Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Halifax Downtown Hotel Halifax
- Halifax Courtyard
- Courtyard Halifax Downtown Nova Scotia