“Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Halifax Downtown

You added Residence Inn Halifax Downtown to your Saves list
Residence Inn Halifax Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1599 Grafton St., Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 2C3 , Canada (Downtown Halifax)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Halifax
Halifax, Canada
“Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Stayed for 1 night and found the hotel overall to be an adequate place to stay. I picked the Residence Inn as I was staying with my husband and tweenager so we wanted more space than just a standard room. I forgot to take photos, however, the photos on website and provided by management on TA are accurate.

I stayed in a one bed suite, king in bedroom, sofa bed in LR. Room was super clean, pleasant and inviting. I likes the fact that there was a desk AND a table in the living room. The bedroom was small but adequate, the washroom is accessible from the bedroom only and sink area is outside of the bathroom itself which is a pro for some but a con for others. (I wake early and have to disturb my sleeping husband to brush my teeth) There was a regular door between LR and BR.

The king bed is comfy enough- not like a regular Marroitt bed,but good enough.No super soft pillow top but good and firm. Triple sheets, no bedspread- I like that. My daughter reported that the sofa bed was not one of the best, but it was OK.

There was a small amount of street noise, but it wasn't too bad. The hotel is near the pubs, so I might be leery of staying on a week end night as I would assume it would be noisy.

The parking under the hotel was good, you have an assigned spot and need your key to open the door, so I felt it was really safe and secure. Spots were a bit snug.

I really liked the workout room. There was a lot of space for using a mat and exercise ball. Also, they have the 1,3, and 5 pound girly weights, which I appreciated. There were also treadmill, bike, eliptical, weight benches, and a full set of regular free weights. All of the cardio machines had their own TV which you could plug into with you headphones.

The breakfast was typical Residence Inn which I like. Waffle maker, continental stuff, as well as scrambled eggs and a breakfast meat and potato.

All of the staff were friendly and helpful, the small convenience food shop in the lobby was unusually well stocked, compared to what I have seen at other places.

Overall, its a good spot in the city if you want a larger space or kitchen facilities. Although we didn't use the kitchen, the dishes came in handy for snacks/drinks and the kitchen was well equipped for cooking.

I would stay again.

Tip: the icemaker was on in the freezer and dumped a tray of ice in the late evening. The noise made us all jump! I would suggest checking its in the off position before bed time!

Room Tip: I'm not sure if there are interior rooms, ours faces the harbor which was a nice view but there...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Booked hotel through Priceline for my birthday. Upon arrival at hotel, I asked if I could be upgraded because of it being my birthday, but they don't allow that. The front desk clerk did give me "free" parking, however. Then in the morning, the bill is under my door for the $25 parking fee and already been charged to my cc. Thanks Residence Inn.

Also, a friend of mine stopped by while we were out for dinner to drop off a gift to be left in the room. The gift was not in my room when I returned to the hotel, so clearly they put it in someone else's room. Thanks Residence Inn.

Location very central to downtown, but if that's not your scene, dont bother with this place.

• Stayed March 2012
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

What a great hotel! Nestled in the heart of downtown Halifax on the corner of Grafton and Sackville St. equi-distant between the Citadel and the Waterfront and within a block or two of many fine restaurants, pubs and the Playhouse, this Marriott family hotel is the ideal choice for your stay in beautiful Halifax. The hotel is brightly colored, very clean, and the rooms are quite comfortable with the best beds you will ever find. Couple this with a full kitchen for those with families or singles on long term stays, and you have the best of all worlds. The staff is cordial, accommodating and very friendly, be they the front desk associates or the housekeeping personnel. The hotel offers a morning hot breakfast, and the attendants for that are just great. I was there for four weeks just recently and got to know practically everyone by name. And, if you don't find what you want, just call on Angela, the General Manager, and she will take care of it in a bright, cheerful way.
If you are looking for the best in Halifax, go to the best - the Residence Inn Halifax Downtown. Take it form me and 14 of my colleagues who spent four weeks there, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: While all rooms have a full kitchen, most do not have an oven. Rooms with an oven are available on...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
ns.ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

Just had a one night stay and have to say I was very happy with my choice. The room was well laid out and had a very nice kitchenette with fridge,microwave sink and was very convenient to the downtown area. Service was excellent and the bed was very comfortable.And I really enjoyed the breakfeast that was included.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Victoria Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

I am staying in this hotel as I type this. I have been here for just over a week now and everything has been great. The breakfest is very simple, they also put out a small snack 3 nights a week that is OK. The hotel is near some great pubs and restaurants as well as being very close to the arena and shops. Durty Nellys just around the corner is a great Irish pub that has very friendly people, give it a try. The hotel staff have been very good. I needed a cab on a snowy cold night and they did an excellent job in getting me one quickly. The rooms are very big and clean with nice size kitchen area. I would definately recomment this Hote. The only 'issue' so far is, the streets around the hotel can be very noisey on the weekends.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

Great hotel but I held a 3 day meeting here and it was awful... They wouldn't let one client park in the hotel parking, food was deplorable. I talked to the staff and they were not helpful at all, they didnt care. I had to apologize to my client repeatedly after three days of terrible food, service, and help from the desk. Never again...

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

I just came back from spending a night in this hotel and decided to join TripAdvisor just so I could write a review; it was wonderful. The room was large, the bed was very comfortable, nice flat screen TV, and the sofa and kitchenette were an added convenience. The staff was pleasant and there was no problem accessing the free Wi-Fi. I've stayed in four other hotels in downtown Halifax, but this was by far my favourite. The free hot buffet breakfast was a nice added touch. I didn't want to leave and will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Halifax Downtown? Share your experiences!