“Was worth a 2nd visit!! Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #56 of 583 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Fish & Chips, Seafood, Hamburgers, Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The Lower Deck Bar & Grill is a new venue, and extension of The Lower Deck Pub. We have delicious food, ice cold beer, fantastic service, and don't forget about our weekly bands. Every Friday and Saturday night our stage has THE BEST entertainment in the city.See you soon!
Bridgewater, Canada
“Was worth a 2nd visit!! Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I should first start off by saying this is actually a 2nd review for me for the lower deck! My 1st review I wrote a review in the summer for a visit I had that was a " not so good experience" to put it nicely. What came of that 1st visit has left me speechless, to say the least!!

After writing my review I had an email from who I thought was a manager... NOPE... it was the owner himself, who I must say takes pride in ownership & happy clients.

He was disappointed about my review, was sincere in wanting me to return and went "ABOVE AND BEYOND" to make sure I did give his establishment a 2nd chance..

Am I ever glad I did!!!! I showed up on Saturday November 30th, 2013 and this just happened to be their 1st Anniversary for the location in the Clayton Park Plaza!!! A MUST SEE if you haven't been there.. They had balloons, cake, muscles, an awesome live band all as a thank you to their clients!! Fabulous atmosphere, live music, clean tables, staff dressed like you would see at their waterfront location and an excellent historic pub feel in the modern exterior. If you haven’t been to this fresh new place, GO!!

I was out for a "girls shopping weekend". We ordered off the new winter menu. My friend had the goat cheese stuffed chicken breast and rice pilaf, and I ordered the baked haddock with onion, bacon and cream sauce. **Delicious** Tell me that isn’t your normal pub burger or wings, but wait, they have that too and they have that mastered!!! We ordered nachos and they were honestly the best nachos I have had in a restaurant, bar none!! Caramelized onions, sweet peppers, lots of cheese and a huge portion, we pigged out!! Oh so yummy!!

We had some signature cocktails, Christmas moose milk and just an over all amazing time!! Sheena our waitress made us feel comfortable, she was attentive but not smothering, and she was funny, relaxed and welcoming. I asked to speak with the owner, if he was there, he wasn’t at first and Greg ( his manager and business partner ) came over and chatted then to my surprise he came right over and sat and had a drink. He remembered my 1st review and I told him it wouldn’t be my last! Impressed would be an understatement. He was like having a drink with my buddy of 20 years. You can truly see he loves what he does, he loves his staff and he respects clients and the hard earned dollar people work for and spend in his establishment!!

I am eager to return, and he made sure that I promised to bring my husband so they could have a beer together! What a great spot to kick back and relax. Im honest in my reviews, and Im glad that I shared my first experience because not everything is always great, but what this showed me is that someone cared enough to make it right, so it was worth a 2nd chance. That’s the way a business should operate!!

I should mention that this particular location was more people my age group 35-55. Downtown seems to host a younger crowd, so both establishments cater to all age groups but you get the consistency of what the “Lower Deck” is known for.

Thank you for changing my mind!!! Im glad you did!!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Palmerston North, New Zealand
“Great live music”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

A great Thursday night in Halifax at the Lower Deck. We had spicy chicken wings which nearly blew our socks off, a couple of wines and saw a great band - Irish/Acadien fusion kind of thing. Great atmosphere. Highly recommend. Handy to waterfront.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Keswick, Canada
“Go for the live music, stay for the service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

YOU MUST GO HERE! Went to see Signal Hill. They were AMAZING! a lot of fun. The service was great too. My glass was never empty.

Visited August 2013
Halifax, Canada
“Oysters and Lobsters!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Such a nice and friendly place. Great service, great food and nice decor. A must while in Halifax. 4 different types of oysters and out of this world fresh lobster.

Visited June 2013
Ontario, Canada
“Great Maritime Pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

The Lower Deck is a Halifax institution -- and for good reason. The Sunday night entertainment is fantastic and draws crowds of all ages. The lobster seafood chowder is one of the best values on the menu -- chock full of lobster goodness! Don't miss the Lower Deck experience.

Visited May 2013