“Very good service and above average food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #105 of 583 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Bar, Coffee Shop, Contemporary, Vegan
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tempo Food + Drink is a contemporary, urban open kitchen eatery situated street side on the busiest corner in Halifax. Tempo offers locally inspired comfort food with a twist morning, noon, and night. The convenient Grab + Go section takes the guess work out of your brown bag lunch decisions and fills the morning emptiness with its made from scratch all natural products! Something fun, funky and fresh for everyone. Great wines by the glass and inspired cocktails are dished up by schooled mixologists in a hip and trendy lounge, making it a great place to end your day or start your night.
Grand Cayman
“Very good service and above average food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Not sure initially as I considered it to be a "hotel restaurant" attached to the Delta Barrington, but was pleasantly surprised, not an extensive menu but healthy eating options and the service was very good. They didn't have a "cheese plate " on the menu but within 15 minutes they produced a great selection and went over and beyond what I expected. Definitely be back again.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
HarbourCityGrill, Manager at Tempo Food + Drink, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thanks for the great feedback! Yup, we do have cheese, so we will make you a cheese plate if you so desire. "Our kitchen is your kitchen."
Come see us again if you're back in town. We're always trying new things, and you may wish to join us!
Jen

Halifax, Canada
“Good but not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have had lunch at Tempo twice since it opened and have yet to be wow-ed. The look and service is very good but the food needs to be a little more distinctive to get a higher rating. Presentation on the plate is fine but the food itself only average. It's a bit expensive for frequent dining unless it can be expensed. I'd like to see some more experimentation.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hello "Wanderingman" and thank you for your input.
While we are not trying to re-invent the wheel, we certainly don't wish to be seen as "average".
In the end though, we DO want all of our guests to leave happy and feeling like they received good value for their money. I think for the better part, we have accomplished this, but we take all guest commentary seriously and will put yours to use as we consider some new menu options.
Jen
“Great as always ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Since the opening, I have dined here many times. Mostly over lunch but on occasion in the evening and always find the service great and food most enjoyable. Somewhat limited menu but I have yet to be disappointed. Would recommend

Halifax, Canada
“Very impressed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Visited with friends and enjoyed the mussels and dips of the day, both were very delicious! The staff were also very friendly and welcoming!

Visited May 2014
“2 Thumbs WAY WAY up!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I visited Tempo Food and Drink (Delta Barrington Hotel), this morning for breakfast. As a Chef I would like to say that this is hands down, the best place for breakfast in the city. The atmosphere looking out thru the windows on to Barrington St is awesome. My server was Tracy, she was very polite and pleasant and provided me with exceptional service. I had the Hot Tempo breakfast (eggs, sausage, ham, crispy hash browns toast and juice). All the ingredients are local. Vance was the man in the kitchen this morning and my over easy eggs were perfect, all my food was hot and the presentation rocked. It's a little more expensive than some of the other places downtown but for the quality of food, the service and the atmosphere ~ it's a great deal. Can't wait to come back to try the lunch and again for supper. Great job!

• Visited May 2014