“Great way to start the day” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #103 of 583 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Bar, Coffee Shop, Contemporary, Vegan
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tempo Food + Drink is a contemporary, urban open kitchen eatery situated street side on the busiest corner in Halifax. Tempo offers locally inspired comfort food with a twist morning, noon, and night. The convenient Grab + Go section takes the guess work out of your brown bag lunch decisions and fills the morning emptiness with its made from scratch all natural products! Something fun, funky and fresh for everyone. Great wines by the glass and inspired cocktails are dished up by schooled mixologists in a hip and trendy lounge, making it a great place to end your day or start your night.
Halifax, Canada
“Great way to start the day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Every two weeks I have the opportnity to have breakfast with a colleague and we always choose Tempo. Lisa is a great server who always has a smile and joke as she serves your meal of choice which is always great. One of my favorite features however, is the backgorund music that is an exceptional mix of the 60's, 70's and 80's. As I said, "great way tp start the day" and try those cupcakes, they are really as good as they look!!!!

• Visited February 2014

Halifax, Canada
“You want great food and amazing service? Eat HERE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I started coming for lunch and the people, food and atmosphere keep bringing me back! Never have I gone to a resturant where they are SO accomodating and willing to get you what ever will make you happy. And those with picky eaters/food allergies/Celiac (Me) they will help! Just don't be afraid to ask! And if you go to the To Go counter, hope that you get Peggy! She's hands down the BEST! Love you TEMPO and I will be back! (Oh and try the curried cauliflower soup.... drool!!!)

• Visited January 2014
Halifax, Canada
“Great food great service great times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I went there to grab a quick bite and head home. We not only were greeted with welcoming staff but once we got there we didn't want to leave. The atmosphere was so chic with great music very modern feel. Nice change for Halifax from the pub and beer locations that are found everywhere. The food was amazing with so many options and the drinks .... Well let's just say good luck having just one ! Speciality martini bar! Great place for date nights, group gatherings, or just a martini after a long day ! Thanks tempo for a great experience

• Visited November 2013
Halifax, Canada
“Wanted to like it but found it average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The Delta Barrington, Halifax has a new restaurant-Tempo. Opening right onto Barrington St. this could be a good dowtown location for lunch. It was a disappointment. The smoked meat on rye that the waitress was raving about was definitely a good size sandwich, but too salty.The bread was soggy, the coleslaw too sour, as was the pickle (and I love dill pickles) neither complimented the sandwich. When I asked to have the other half of my sandwich lacked up, the waitress brought back a plastic container for me to put my sandwich in. Poor.
I might give it one more try and hope this was just part a of a new restaurant's adjustment.
On the bright said - they have some good cupcakes in the case by the front door.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“so so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

we stayed at this hotel but my husband is a very picky eater so did not find the menu appealing for us both. Sorry,,, we ate elsewhere but we did enjoy having night caps and drinks in the lounge. Service and staff are extremely good.

Visited September 2013