“Nice Little Creperie” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Halifax, Canada
“Nice Little Creperie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I am a big Crepe fan and didn't even realize this was in Halifax except for a Groupon mail out. I am glad I took advantage. It is a small little place located off Robie Street on Charles street - a hike from downtown yet I will be back just based on the fine food. It is a crêperie so be prepared for a limited menu ( and limited seating). I also found it a bit cramped, but the great food more than made up for any logistical challenge both inside or out. You better love seafood because the other choices besides crepes all swim. There are only 6 crepe choices and 2 are also seafood. I wish the restaurants in Halifax would understand not everyone likes seafood! Tess would do very well to have more non seafood crepe choices ( like a chicken and broccoli - very common at Quebec crêperies).
Great service and great food at a decent price - I would highly recommend despite the space and overloaded fish menu challenges.
It is worth the visit for the dessert crepes alone!

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Pleasant Bay
“Excellent Food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I really enjoyed their brunch menu. So many decisions it was hard to decide. The Belgium waffles were fantastic. And finally a restaurant that has chamomille tea. That absolutly made my day. And the waitress was very polite and attentitive to my allergies and was the best waitress I've seen in a very long time. Definately a place for everyone. And will highly recommend the place to everyone and will return on my next trip to halifax.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Halifax, NS, Canada
“Nice Meal, Great Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I took my wife here for a Valentines Dinner (one day late); it was our first time and we both thought the restaurant was very neat. It is not far from a not-so-nice part of town, but the area is improving and I don't think location is a problem at all. There was ample parking on the street out front, and they've done a great job with the building - it is a cool place.

The food was ready fairly quickly and it was definitely reasonably priced.

First, we shared a warm mushroom salad - this was delicious. Warm peppers and mushrooms on cool lettuce was a great combination.

Although they are known for their crepes, we both opted for something different. My wife chose the Louisiana Grill - pasta in a sort of rich, creamy sauce with some spiced meat. She said it was very, very good. I asked for the salmon, but they weren't serving it that night. So I had the haddock dinner instead, served with rice pilaf and mixed vegetables, and a lemon coconut reduction on the fish. It was good... not outstanding. The vegetables were excellent and the rice was very good.

I'd be happy to eat there again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Canada
“Great Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here several times for breakfast and it is always good. Cute little breakfast crepe pockets, delicious deserts and excellent service. It's particularly lovely to eat out on their patio on a summer morning.

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Awesome food served with a smile and style!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This restaurant offers Halifax diners one of the best food experiences. Imaginative use of flavours and freshest of ingredients ensures plates satisfy most tastes. Desserts are a bit pricey but divine in textures and satisfaction

• Visited September 2012